722 Video Stuttering

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RedCoat999

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Avon, OH
Watching a recorded show tonight and two other shows being recorded. Video is incredibly stuttered, audio is fine. What the dilly?

Possibly overheating?
Check HDD temps via the diagnostics menu option...
Menu > system setup > diagnostics > counter > page down aprox 10 times.
135+ deg is hot for a 722

If it is getting warm try to add ventilation.
You may want to try lowering the video quality.

I've got 127 high, 102 low, 114 average

I've noticed it is smooth when playing in the window, then when i go full screen it stutters

My 722k also has the same problem. Stutters when in full screen, fine when you go into the menu. My avg HD temp has been 109 for the past month. I mounted a USB fan on the side drawing air out so I know that it's not an abnormally hot HD.

The way I get it to go away is to go to Point Dish and run a check switch (or unplug and plug back in) it then will find the sats and reload the channel guide. Stuttering stops for about 3-4 days.

Too many 622's and 722's are stuttering. Has to be software issue.

I agree with you bookworm.
I also have had issues with my 722 and lowering the resolution to 720 worked for me.
Hopefully this issue is noticed and being fixed.

Count me in on both 722 and 722K for this really annoying and too frequent problem. No, it is not a heat issue. Both temps are fine and have proper space for ventilation. After a reboot, all is fine. The problem is, this stupid bug can occur several times a week, and if I have something recording, I am NOT gonna reboot, but I can't get the picture to stop "stuttering" like low sample frame rate. So, I can't really watch TV. This really has become a real problem that Dish must address ASAP!

Reset your receiver, don't be afraid.

But that's not the answer, that's the symptom. It's like taking tons of Tylenol for repeating headaches and not going to the doctor and then you have a stroke and die. Who's fault?

Dish has to KNOW about this problem and held responsible to fix it. If mine continues, trust me, I will scream so much a new free 922 will be sitting in place of my 722k in a few months!

People have to complain, not just on here, but to CEO at dish on these recurring and repetitive problems. They have to know that it's going to cost them more money not to fix it than to just fix it!

Menu, System Setup, Diagnostics, HDMI test.

Where it says "Disp. Info" Change that to H/W and tell me what the last 2 lines say.

They should say True and Lines Active.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)