722 with a 40 inch Sony LCD

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
I have a customer who was just installed. They are having all kinds of issues with their number 1 IR remote. It seems to have problems with communicating with the receiver even when they are close to the receiver. Is there another fix other than upgrading remote to RF? Or will that even take care of their problem? Thanks

As it's an LCD TV I would have them check the auto-back lighting feature and disable it. I believe there is also another setting option I had heard mentioned before (Can't find thread it was in) that they may be able to check. Also probably just confirm the other IR interference situations are out (Light on receiver, heat, etc..) A more lengthy process you can try is to turn off all equipment but the TV and receiver and see if the remote works. If not, then may be TV related. If it does, then turn the equipment on 1 by 1 until you figure out what's causing the inference. If either of those don't work then give UHF a shot.

I have a customer who was just installed. They are having all kinds of issues with their number 1 IR remote. It seems to have problems with communicating with the receiver even when they are close to the receiver. Is there another fix other than upgrading remote to RF? Or will that even take care of their problem? Thanks

We've had this problem any time a 222 or a 722 is under a SONY LCD TV. Upgrading remote #1 to RF will fix the problem and make the customer happy. :)

Or program a better remote code. I never use code 1 if I can help it because it is inconsistent. I normally do IR on code 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)