Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK PARTNERS WITH EPIX TO BOLSTER LIBRARY OF ONLINE MOVIES

EPIX HD and SD movies now available to DISH Network subscribers at DISHOnline.com, providing online access to thousands of movies from studio partners Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM as well as Samuel Goldwyn and Roadside Attractions

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and NEW YORK, NY – April 5, 2011 - DISH Network L.L.C. and EPIX, the premium entertainment service from Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, today announced that DISH Network satellite TV customers who subscribe to EPIX

Programming automatically have free, unlimited on-demand, online access to content via DISHOnline.com (DISH Online - Your TV Everywhere. Watch. Record. Rent.).

DISH Network customers who subscribe to DISH Platinum now have access to more than 3,000 films and additional EPIX programming via DISHOnline.com anytime and anywhere in high definition and standard definition – including new releases like “Star Trek,” “The Last Airbender,” “Iron Man 2”, “Shutter Island” and “Kick-Ass,” plus original music and comedy shows featuring A-list performers like Bon Jovi and Craig Ferguson.

"DISH Network is committed to offering not only the best video content available but also the ability to watch it anywhere, which is why our partnership with EPIX is an important step in the expansion of the already robust lineup of popular movies available online and on-demand at DISHOnline.com,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “DISH Network customers who subscribe to EPIX programming can now access high-quality movies by simply logging in to DISHOnline.com.”

DISH Network customers can also use their DISH Network account login to access EPIX content on EpixHD.com, which features content from EPIX, EPIX 2 and The 3 from EPIX as well as studio exclusives, behind-the-scenes footage, movie extras, and access to an innovative online screening room feature that enables consumers to invite up to four friends anywhere to watch movies while they chat online in real time.

“From the very beginning, we have focused on working with our distribution partners to help them better serve their customers and enable them to watch the great movies from EPIX whenever and wherever they want,” said Mark Greenberg, president and CEO of EPIX. “DISH Network has been among the first to fully embrace the online viewing opportunity through DISH Online, and we are proud to launch EpixHD.com to better serve DISH Network customers around the country.”

For more information or to create an account, visit DISH Online - Your TV Everywhere. Watch. Record. Rent..

Well, I think most of us knew Epix movies were on Dishonline.com, but it's nice to know that we can log in to Epixhd.com and watch movies over there too.

EPIXHD.com had also been very good about giving 30 day passes to Dish customers, so its nice to know they finally made it official.

Edit: Has anyone tried using DISHOnline.com or epixhd.com from an Android device with Flash enabled? If it works at all, how is the overall experience?

If they would just make a Media Center ADD-IN this would be awesome.

I don't know how to access this site. I signed up and indicated I was a Dish customer who had EPIX on the tv but I can't watch movies as it tells me to upgrade. However, I have the everything package. Probably makes no difference anyway because everything is jerky and unwatchable. In fact, I'm going to start a thread about this to find what connection speed I need to watch these on-line movies.

If they were to aquire "blockbuster" and set up the service like a netflix via there Dish service and done right I think they would be thinking outside the box and looking for a way to grow and would be a good marketing tool

Cool to see that we can finally login to EpixHD using our Dish Network account. Thanks EpixHD & Dish Network!

EPIXHD.com had also been very good about giving 30 day passes to Dish customers, so its nice to know they finally made it official.

Edit: Has anyone tried using DISHOnline.com or epixhd.com from an Android device with Flash enabled? If it works at all, how is the overall experience?

Not to bad with DISHOnline.com, with 3G quality wasn't perfect and the buffer toke a while but under wifi, I had no issues, with my HTC EVO 4g with Sprint. If you don't have a sling and you want to watch something on the go, not a bad replacement for DISH Remote access, I love my DISH Remote access app on my phone everything is now working with out a issue. Now, not sure of epixhd.com.

EPIX is great, my only complaint is that they don't have MORE movies but instead play the same ones over and over and over again like Star Trek. I'm glad to see IronMan 2 but what about all the older movies they could re-play from time to time.

I always wrote off dishonline as just a Hulu part 2, but this adds real value to the service. I like where things seem to be headed. Hopefully the blockbuster acquisition will add a ton more content.

I don't know how to access this site. I signed up and indicated I was a Dish customer who had EPIX on the tv but I can't watch movies as it tells me to upgrade. However, I have the everything package. Probably makes no difference anyway because everything is jerky and unwatchable. In fact, I'm going to start a thread about this to find what connection speed I need to watch these on-line movies.

You need to have the DISH platinum package to get EPIX on your TV or online, everything pack does get you Epix 3 but that is only SD and no access to epixhd.com, or the dishonline.com stuff. I would say to have good HD streaming you need about 3 Mbps, that is the same speed requirement for the sling as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)