722 Won't Turn On In Morning?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
My 722 started to not turn on in the morning. I have read that this is sometimes related to a timer too near the Update Time. However I have no timers anywhere near that time. If I try to turn on TV2, the receiver power light and TV2 activity lights come on and TV2 has a message on the screen that TV1 is conducting a switch installation test and video will be interrupted until complete. The only way I can get the system to go is push the reset button. The system comes up and works perfectly all day.
I have run a the "System Info" screen and get a system good indication; my software is at level 751.
I am puzzled any ideas on what to do

My 722 started to not turn on in the morning. I have read that this is sometimes related to a timer too near the Update Time. However I have no timers anywhere near that time. If I try to turn on TV2, the receiver power light and TV2 activity lights come on and TV2 has a message on the screen that TV1 is conducting a switch installation test and video will be interrupted until complete. The only way I can get the system to go is push the reset button. The system comes up and works perfectly all day.
I have run a the "System Info" screen and get a system good indication; my software is at level 751.
I am puzzled any ideas on what to do

Going to assume you have, but in case you haven't try doing a hard reset. Unplug the receiver from the power for 10 seconds then plug it back in.

The software on both of my 722k's are L750,maybe I shouldn't be so upset that they haven't been updated.

Same on my single 722K. L750 is just so old though. Need some excitement :p .

OP: Do you by any chance happen to have a Samsung TV?

I was out of town over the weekend. My wife called me that the 722 would not turn on and the power light was cycling on and off. She tried a plug reboot but that didn't help. When I got home later in the day, I tried the same. I then unplugged all usb devices and tried the plug reboot. This time I got the 303 screen about downloading software. It then rebooted and came back on.I now had software 725, I can only surmise that something went wrong overnight when it tried to update from 724 to 725.
I've reconnected all mu usb devices and everything is working.
Don't know if this applies to the OP, but just thought I'd mention it.

I have a really plain vanilla installation, no EHD, no USB devices, no internet and no phone connection. My TV is a Sony Bravia. The problem occurred 3 days in a row than skipped a few and then hung up again. I have tried a hard boot as well as a reset with the front panel button. The receiver turned on normally today and I realized that the unit had taken a software download and that is now at L752. Maybe this will fix my problem; but given all the other bugs reported with L752 I am not so sure. Will keep you all informed.

I have a really plain vanilla installation, no EHD, no USB devices, no internet and no phone connection. My TV is a Sony Bravia. The problem occurred 3 days in a row than skipped a few and then hung up again. I have tried a hard boot as well as a reset with the front panel button. The receiver turned on normally today and I realized that the unit had taken a software download and that is now at L752. Maybe this will fix my problem; but given all the other bugs reported with L752 I am not so sure. Will keep you all informed.
Are you confusing L751 with L752?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)