722k and EHD

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
Wondering why sometimes when I plug in my EHD's they are recognized right away, and other times it seems I have to wait until a reboot?

Is there some trick I am missing?

Yea, I just moved it to the rear port and it recognized it right away...usually use the front, some times it is instant, other times not...seems l have had the same results with the rear port as well....

Sometimes on my 722k I have to unplug/plug the EHD a couple of times for it to initialize. After that it has no issues even after reboots. Also keep in mind that EHDs with a lot of shows can take longer to initialize.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Wondering why sometimes when I plug in my EHD's they are recognized right away, and other times it seems I have to wait until a reboot?

Is there some trick I am missing?

I have a SeaGate 1TB external hard drive that needs to be plugged into my power strip as well as being connected to the receiver (I also have a 722K). EVERY time I plug it into the receiver, it is a crapshoot as to whether it will actually connect or not. It is very annoying and I dealt with that for about 2 years. Finally, two weeks ago, I got a small Toshiba 1.5 TB EHD that does NOT need to be plugged into the wall in order to work. I plugged it into the receiver and it connected immediately. Also, it does not need to be unplugged as it doesn't get hot. (The disc inside the EHD only spins when it's in use). So now, "My Media" is always listed in my DVR listings and it's super easy to send things to and access/watch things off the EHD. I wish I had gotten one of those sooner. Just wanted to share my experience.

The question is, how long will it work? And is it overtaxing the STB power supply?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)