722k and Groups

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I just got a 722k yesterday and I've been setting up my groups. On my 722, I can create a group, record shows into the group and then sort the shows by title within the group (so there are subgroups). Is this not possible with the 722k?

I'm able to create a group with my 722k. I just want to group by title once I'm in one of the groups I created.

Right now, my son has a group and I"m recording a bunch of Drake and Josh episodes. When I go into his group, there are 10 diff. episodes of Drake and Josh listed. On my 722, I can group them by title where a sub-folder is created for Drake and Josh. Is there a way to do this on the 722k?

You have to go to the timers and set the timer to show the new group option. So if the new group is called Jr's shows, then all new shows can be sent to that group. Also all existing shows will have to be added to the group .Hit each show and then add to group and to that group it will go. Great feature.

I have the following groups :

daytime tv
Home decore tv
Primetime tv
Late night tv
news tv
films

I think I'm doing a piss-poor job communicating my question. :) I'll try to be more explicit....

Right now, I have 2 groups setup: Me and Jr.

I go to the DVR page, and I see:

Me........................(2 shows)
Jr..........................(6 shows)

I'm taping Drake and Josh and Spongebob for Jr.

When I select his group, I see the following:

Drake and Josh
Drake and Josh
Spongebob
Drake and Josh
Spongebob
Drake and Josh

Now, this is what I'd LIKE to see when I select Jr's group:

Drake and Josh..............(4 shows)
Spongebob.....................(2 shows)

then he could select Spongebob and see the two available episodes.

I can do this with my 722....is it not possible yet with the 722k?

I think I'm doing a piss-poor job communicating my question. :) I'll try to be more explicit....

Right now, I have 2 groups setup: Me and Jr.

I go to the DVR page, and I see:

Me........................(2 shows)
Jr..........................(6 shows)

I'm taping Drake and Josh and Spongebob for Jr.

When I select his group, I see the following:

Drake and Josh
Drake and Josh
Spongebob
Drake and Josh
Spongebob
Drake and Josh

Now, this is what I'd LIKE to see when I select Jr's group:

Drake and Josh..............(4 shows)
Spongebob.....................(2 shows)

then he could select Spongebob and see the two available episodes.

I can do this with my 722....is it not possible yet with the 722k?

Yes ,I have mine setup as I said and all my shows go right into the folders using my 722k. Did you hit SORT- alphabetical and GROUP -My groups in the dvr screen? IF not do so and hopefully it will fix your problems. That and make sure that you set all your timers so they show in a group of your choice. IF not they will still go to your main dvr screen without a group. Once you go to your group or folder it will show in alphabetical order but it won't be in sub groups like you want. ** IF all you want is to make all the shows show in one folder per show, hit GROUP then Group by title .

Hmm...I've done all that. I don't know what the problem is....Spongebob records automatically to Jr's group, but I'd like Spongebob to have its own sub-group within Jr's group.

No sub groups but you can sort by alphabetical and they will be in that order in the custom folder itself.

Got it. Thanks...thats what I was looking for. That kind of sucks, though. You can have subgroups on the 722...hopefully they'll bring it to the 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)