L621 Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

8arrett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Metro ATL
Just noticed today that I have L621 on my ViP622. Happened to do a Menu 6-1-3 before going to bed and noticed L621 and new items on the My Recordings screen - Group Edit and History AND scroll arrows on the far right. Power cycled the receiver around 1330-1430 for about 15+ minutes. Applied power and went out for some fake food. Came back and started watching some DVR programs. Machine is sluggish and it just froze up and rebooted itself. It's now back and seems to be back to the regular state - quick response while going through menus. If I have any other issues, I'll try a PWR BUTTON RESET then another power cycle. Take care! --Mark

Remember: DON'T BE A BONEHEAD!! :D :D

Saw that I had L621 on Friday morning and created two groups, then assigned the timers to the appropriate group and moved my existing recordings to the groups. Several times over the weekend my 722 locked up and rebooted. What I discovered is that while trying to access a group that had an active recording being saved to it caused the issue. I deleted the 2 groups I had created, this also removed the Group entry from the timers, and the problem went away.

Next, I will re-create the groups and not assign any timers to them this time but I will put some recordings in them to see how things work out.

I tried a hard reset but that did not help.

I hope that was a fluke as why have folders if it locks up when you try to access something and it just so happens to be recording a new event. That would be normal to assume as I record G4 daily and I can be playing one Episode while a new one is recording or would start while I am playing back. To have it freeze would be....well, it'd suk big time and defeat the purpose.

I will try to replicate that on the 622 as I got the update some time after 4 am today

and I can't get Playlist to do squat. It just poofs back to live TV when I click that option

I also don't get why the Transfer does not prompt to go to the Backup HD if you have that setup. It should be able to do a transfer from there too and not just in the My Media section. I guess I am too picky.

Last edited:
Getting Anamorphic from S-Video

I was recording to my DVDR and instead of Anamorphic, I got a Letterbox. Going to the HDTV setup and switching to 4x3 Type 1 seems to solve the problem.

I was then able to switch back to 16x9 and am still getting Anamorphic from the S-Video. So, hopefully it's just a 1 time issue.

I was able to confirm my original findings. If you try to access a Group that has an active recording being saved to it the system will lock up and reboot. You will not be shown the contents of the selected Group. The highlighted selection bar will disappear then after 5-10 seconds it will lock up and reboot. After the reboot the system will resume the recording.

You can access other groups or recordings not in a group just fine during the above scenario.

So I guess for now I'll have Groups but not assign the timers to a group until it is done recording.

I just did a test and poof, reboot and I had not had any issues since the update but as soon as I clicked on a folder that had an active recording in it, bam.....

seriously do they test this crap ?

A minor bug I've seen is that when doing a search the "Next Day" Button stays lit even at the end of the search.

S~

I got L621 Monday night. I noticed that when I delete a recording in an existing system-created folder (e.g. three recordings of the same show), when I delete one it appears to still be on the list. If I exit and come back it is gone. Thanks all for the heads-up on the reboot problem.

I got the same thing happening jp. Again more simple things that didn't get caught in testing.
It's not refreshing after each delete in a folder. This firmware has way too many bugs in it that are so easy to find. I hope they stop rolling it out and fix it for everyone as these never should have gotten past testing.

I got the same thing happening jp. Again more simple things that didn't get caught in testing.
It's not refreshing after each delete in a folder. This firmware has way too many bugs in it that are so easy to find. I hope they stop rolling it out and fix it for everyone as these never should have gotten past testing.
This is one of those times I'm glad I have a relatively new 722 with a high serial #... ;)

I was recording to my DVDR and instead of Anamorphic, I got a Letterbox. Going to the HDTV setup and switching to 4x3 Type 1 seems to solve the problem.

I was then able to switch back to 16x9 and am still getting Anamorphic from the S-Video. So, hopefully it's just a 1 time issue.

Nope. It's happened to me several times since the update.

Never switched from 16x9 to 4x3 but just going to that screen to check it seems to clear it up.

I got L621 Monday night. I noticed that when I delete a recording in an existing system-created folder (e.g. three recordings of the same show), when I delete one it appears to still be on the list. If I exit and come back it is gone. Thanks all for the heads-up on the reboot problem.

That's the one bug I've noticed with L621 as well. I couldn't figure out why the Select button wouldn't work on a DVR list item. Apparently it's because I had already deleted it.

I wasn't recording, but got weird picture sizes. Even normal was stretched when watching TV1, and TV2 in single mode was even stranger. Going to the HDTV setup fixed it, I didn't change the settings though. Just selected done.

This isn't an "issue," but possibly an unreported new feature with L621 (I mentioned it in a SlingGuide thread, but it's worth repeating here):

SlingGuide (or Dish Remote Access), now shows all recordings on your external hard drive, as well as the internal drive, when you go to "MY DVR" --> "Recordings." It doesn't separate them (lumps them all together), and there is no way to turn this feature off if you don't want it. I kind of like it, but there may be those who don't, as usual. ;)

Brad

No one has mentioned a minor fix that is in this new release - the font on the first information screen (the transparent one) for the episode number and date is now back to being white meaning it's now visible again. Don't know how long ago it was screwed up (i.e. the font was kind of blue and very difficult to read) but it seems like it's been close to a year.

I just did a test and poof, reboot and I had not had any issues since the update but as soon as I clicked on a folder that had an active recording in it, bam.....

seriously do they test this crap ?

I am sure they would not have released this software if they had known this so they must not have tested it thoroughly enough if much at all. We are all beta testers. That is one nasty bug. I am glad that I read this before trying to do anything.

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I looked at the transparent program info screen and it is still a blue color instead of white so I guess I should tell my receiver not to update until they release another update with the bug fix. I am still at L618

I just got home from work and my receiver can't even acquire a satellite signal, lo and behold, I'm on L621. Not sure when mine updated, but this is really pissing me off. Just got off the phone with AT&T and they're sending a tech out tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)