L621 Issues

I've got more bugs in this update than ANY in the past.

The aspect ratio not acting correct to the back TV, never had that before. My back TV showed in stretch when it was actually on Normal. It resets if you click the button 3 or 4 times but it's never done this before.

Deleting programs from a folder is wonky as it does not refresh the contents until you exit and return

Accessing a folder while a program set for that folder crashes the unit

Playlist does nothing as far as I can tell

The only big bug is the one that crashes/locks up the unit. I can deal with the others but I spent 15 minutes setting some timers to go to "my folders' and the first time I went to that folder and a program was recording it froze and of course rebooted mucking the recording.
So I undid the changes and it's not crashes since but the folders are still not right even ones that are not user created. I record poker after dark and I deleted one when it was over and it didn't disapeer. When you click it again all of the buttons on the right are 'blank'.

---

rangers did you try any of the things above ?

I am using a 622 btw

I dont mind testing if I know it's a beta as that's what I do for a living and how I got 3 of my jobs. I found bugs in software and ended up woring for the software company as a tech.

They paid me though and I am paying DISH, lol

I've got more bugs in this update than ANY in the past.

The aspect ratio not acting correct to the back TV, never had that before. My back TV showed in stretch when it was actually on Normal. It resets if you click the button 3 or 4 times but it's never done this before.

Deleting programs from a folder is wonky as it does not refresh the contents until you exit and return

Accessing a folder while a program set for that folder crashes the unit

Playlist does nothing as far as I can tell

The only big bug is the one that crashes/locks up the unit. I can deal with the others but I spent 15 minutes setting some timers to go to "my folders' and the first time I went to that folder and a program was recording it froze and of course rebooted mucking the recording.
So I undid the changes and it's not crashes since but the folders are still not right even ones that are not user created. I record poker after dark and I deleted one when it was over and it didn't disapeer. When you click it again all of the buttons on the right are 'blank'.

---

rangers did you try any of the things above ?

I am using a 622 btw

I dont mind testing if I know it's a beta as that's what I do for a living and how I got 3 of my jobs. I found bugs in software and ended up woring for the software company as a tech.

They paid me though and I am paying DISH, lol

Unfortunately, I can't even get my 622 that's on L621 to even find a signal. I've made it hard reboot a couple times through the night just to see if that'll help it, but alas, all I ever get is the Searching Satellite Signals and finding 0 of 5 transponders. It'll just stall on transponder 18 with 0 MHz and never move past searching for that one. I can still get to my DVR items, so it seems like the receiver isn't completely dead. I've even checked both the TV1 and TV2 cords and everything seems to be screwed in tight. Just weird that my 622 in the living room that's on L621 can't find a signal while my 211 in my bedroom on L525 works like a charm.

This isn't an "issue," but possibly an unreported new feature with L621 (I mentioned it in a SlingGuide thread, but it's worth repeating here):

SlingGuide (or Dish Remote Access), now shows all recordings on your external hard drive, as well as the internal drive, when you go to "MY DVR" --> "Recordings." It doesn't separate them (lumps them all together), and there is no way to turn this feature off if you don't want it. I kind of like it, but there may be those who don't, as usual. ;)

Brad
You could turn off your EHD if you didn't want them grouped together.

tigershere said:
The sentence seems to work either way, I'm just not sure if you left out a k or an h. ;)

No one has mentioned a minor fix that is in this new release - the font on the first information screen (the transparent one) for the episode number and date is now back to being white meaning it's now visible again. Don't know how long ago it was screwed up (i.e. the font was kind of blue and very difficult to read) but it seems like it's been close to a year.
PRAISE THE LORD!

And I hope they consider putting back the ability to jump from the top button to the bottom button by arrowing up. Now that we've got scroll arrows for the buttons on the My Recordings screen, we can't jump to the bottom button from the top or the top button from the bottom any longer. This is screwing me up :)

Add another bug to the list. When watching a program that is recording on a delayed basis the banner at the top of the screen shows the remaining time left until the recording is finished rather than the time left in the program. When the recording is finished the time remaining then corrects itself.

The sentence seems to work either way, I'm just not sure if you left out a k or an h. ;)

well, the k was missing but the more I think about one company the h is more accurate. Too bad I can't mention them due to that NDA chit but if the public knew what I knew..well, never mind :)

Add another bug to the list. When watching a program that is recording on a delayed basis the banner at the top of the screen shows the remaining time left until the recording is finished rather than the time left in the program. When the recording is finished the time remaining then corrects itself.

I saw that today too

oh one things fixed is when you're deleting programs or managing them when you 'select' an item it automatically goes down or up to the next program. In an update a few months ago it made it so that you have to move down or move up manually and then select it. It's minor but I guess if I can bitch about things broken I can mention one that's fixed :)

When you select all within a folder to delete all files in a folder, you're selecting all recordings with L621. Say yes to delete these recordings and you clear your entire hard drive. Don't ask me how I know.

I am having the picture stretch problem as well. My HDTV is fed off of component and is fine, but my masterbedroom TV is fed via RF shared view and get the stretched picture. What\'s weired, is, it only happens on HD channels. The masterbedroom TV is a HD 16:9 set, but I feed it via RF becuase of convinience, becuase it\'s only 42\" and becuase we have a big room and view it from far away (a8 feet), can barely tell the diff between HD and SD with that combo. Anyway, the receiver is now treating all HD-channel content as if the receiving TV is 4:3, but leaving SD content alone, kindof like what TV2 does, but it still leaves you the normal \"normal, stretch, zoom, partial zoom\" options, which would not work right on a 4:3 set... Aside from this new bug, dish should simply make the aspect ration of any set (wheterh shared view or TV2) switchable on the fly, so you can swithc among ration that are good for 4:3 sets and 16:9 sets on the fly, without going into the menu. This would be great for us becuase then we would not have to use shared view in the masterbedroom and could instead leave it on TV 2 all the time, as this receiver also feeds the kids playroom which has a 4:3 set in it (we never watch all three at once, so it is not an issue) being able to change the RF AR on the fly would be great!

Since getting L621 I keep losing the USB drive visibility on the 722. After I power cycle the external drive, it recognizes the drive and contents . I have never had that problem since I installed the drive last summer - it's been rock solid up to now. I'm probably going to move the drive to my other 722 to see how it behaves there.

I am also experiencing some freezes on the 722 that require a power reset to restore. Not too impressed with this change.

722 has TV2 problems, too!

I've got a 722 and apparently we recently got the 621 software, and first noticed the TV2 format problem last nigh. It looks like TV2 is supposed to be shown on a 4/3 sized picture with bars bottom and top. We have a wide screen HD TV in our bedroom and computer room so now we get almost unwatchable stretch-o-vision - and the format button does not fix it.

Come on Dish - PLEASE roll this "improvement" back to what we had before! I think you would make a lot of users really happy.

I've got a 722 and apparently we recently got the 621 software, and first noticed the TV2 format problem last nigh. It looks like TV2 is supposed to be shown on a 4/3 sized picture with bars bottom and top. We have a wide screen HD TV in our bedroom and computer room so now we get almost unwatchable stretch-o-vision - and the format button does not fix it.

Come on Dish - PLEASE roll this "improvement" back to what we had before! I think you would make a lot of users really happy.

Toggling the mode button works for me, but I agree Dish needs to fix this crap.:rolleyes:

Two changes I noticed: The fast forwarding and rewinding is now consistently smooth which is good. The SAT selector button now powers on the off receiver when it is pushed. This is kinda annoying as I'm used to putting the remote back into SAT mode after I shut everything else done with the other selector buttons. No idea why someone would push the SAT button over the Power button.

Has anyone noticed at least on my setup if you have Overscan OFF (1:1 Pixel Mapping), you now get a small green line on the left side of the screen when set at 1080i. 720P does not show the green line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)