L621 Issues

Jim S., Your right about the sat indicator on recorded shows, I went back a few months and the indicator was not shown, so I suspect it has always been this way.
Dan

Jim S., Your right about the sat indicator on recorded shows, I went back a few months and the indicator was not shown, so I suspect it has always been this way.
Dan

I checked and I only have it on live shows. But I don't know whether I ever had it on recorded shows, or whether that was just my imagination. But it sticks in my mind that people have said, and even posted screenshots, of having it on recorded shows when it first appeared! And how much sense does it make to have it on live shows when you can just go to the point dish screen and it comes up with the last transponder you were on? It would be more useful on recorded shows so you know where to look if there was a problem.

This freakin rebooting when accessing shows in a group when something is recording is driving me CRAZY!!! I spent all that time making my timers point to specific groups that I do not want to redo or I would just blow it all away!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a WD WDElements 750 GB ehd. It has been working fine since I bought it last November. My 622's got updated to L621 on 6/16/09. Now when I try to look at the contents of my WD drive it says "This feature is currently not supported".

The 622 recognizes when I connect and disconnect the drive, but the "My Media" folder does not show up under "My Recordings" anymore.

I have another drive, a Maxtor, that is still working fine.

Any ideas?

I just discovered the same problem with my WD EHD. I've had L621 since it was first sent out and was subsequently able to access the hard drive, but this morning I am getting the #863 "This feature is currently not supported" message. Rebooting the receiver and unplugging the EHD is no help.
Does anyone have a soultion short of calling tech?

At some point in the past week, the problem of deleted programs not disappearing from a group until you exit the group spontaneously cleared itself up on my 622.

And now it's back. What happened to change it? No idea, but maybe it's related to the fact that it crashed during rain fade tonight. Yes, CRASHED -- twice. And no, it WASN'T a power issue, it's on a UPS. I've never heard of that happening before, although we haven't been having enough rain to cause more than a momentary dropout for a long time.

I just discovered the same problem with my WD EHD. I've had L621 since it was first sent out and was subsequently able to access the hard drive, but this morning I am getting the #863 "This feature is currently not supported" message. Rebooting the receiver and unplugging the EHD is no help.

There must not be very many folks with the same problem that I'm having since there have been no responses to my question...

We're also having this problem. First step by tech support was to decide that the receiver had gone bad and send out a new one. I set up the new one (which had L618) and it saw the WD EHD but wanted to reformat it. I called tech support again to get them to fix that problem. The fix apparently was to download L621 which brought up the dreaded "This feature is currently not supported" mssg. The next tech put in a "technical report" and told me to call back in a couple of days. Today's tech "Sue" was very helpful. She says there is a known issue with WD EHD's that they are working on and a software fix is expected shortly. She told me to keep checking for the next software download and check the EHD when that arrived. So I guess we just wait.

Go to the thread on external hard drives. My problem turned out to be a bad superblock for the partition. In order to clear it I had to get into Linux and use testdisk and after it recovered the partition, I had to copy all the directories in that partition to a new hard drive that the 622 had formatted first.

But it all worked.

I think somehow the new upgrade screwed up the partition. I had the WD drive connected 24/7. Now I leave it unconnected until I want to use it.

I had another WD drive that was formatted FAT32 and used it with my PC. The 622 still said "feature not supported" when I connected it. I then used the PC to reformat it to NTFS and then the 622 would offer to reformat it. Don't know why NTFS made a difference.

We're also having this problem. First step by tech support was to decide that the receiver had gone bad and send out a new one. I set up the new one (which had L618) and it saw the WD EHD but wanted to reformat it. I called tech support again to get them to fix that problem. The fix apparently was to download L621 which brought up the dreaded "This feature is currently not supported" mssg. The next tech put in a "technical report" and told me to call back in a couple of days. Today's tech "Sue" was very helpful. She says there is a known issue with WD EHD's that they are working on and a software fix is expected shortly. She told me to keep checking for the next software download and check the EHD when that arrived. So I guess we just wait.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait to see if there is an easy fix (I don't have to do anything) versus going through the procedures in the above post. It seems above my paygrade and I resent having to go through hell just to get something back that should never have been screwed-up in the first place...

Just called tech support to inform them of my WD external hard drive issue. She was nice but wasn't aware of the known issue with L621. I informed her that the problem exists with other customers (via the info I received from this form). Without SatGuys I sure would know a lot less.
PS ( she said there will be a "future" software update coming, or I could reformat the drive)

The recording Options don't seem to work for me anymore with 621. If I try to record only New episodes, it records everything. If I tell it I only want to save the 4 most recent recordings and have it auto-delete older ones, it doesn't do that anymore either. I've got a program set to keep only the 4 most recent episodes and since yesterday it's recorded 17 episodes. Anyone else observed these problems? It's been this way for me since I got 621 several weeks ago. I can't believe Dish hasn't released an update yet.

I haven't seen that particular behavior, Widescreen, but since 621, I've had timer miss-fire (not record) and green-screen-of-death reboots (not black or blue, a definite brilliant shade of electric lime green) and other bad behavior. L618 was really well-behaved compared to L621, which I pretty much detest...

The recording Options don't seem to work for me anymore with 621. If I try to record only New episodes, it records everything. If I tell it I only want to save the 4 most recent recordings and have it auto-delete older ones, it doesn't do that anymore either. I've got a program set to keep only the 4 most recent episodes and since yesterday it's recorded 17 episodes. Anyone else observed these problems? It's been this way for me since I got 621 several weeks ago. I can't believe Dish hasn't released an update yet.

I've been having the same problems for the last week or so. Have been reviewing all the recorded shows to make sure they are new and finding lots of the older programs recorded.

About a week or two ago - I think it was Thursday or Friday night - the whole EPG got system really went berserk. It didn't list the programs coming up the next hour, started recording random programs, and wouldn't let me cancel what it had marked. I went to bed with 12 hours DVR time remaining and woke up with like 4 minutes remaining. It had recorded two programs on USA network titled "No Information Available" or words to that effect that were for 4 hours and 5 hours each plus old programs for timers set for new programs only. The next morning everything looked normal again. Anyone else have a problem about that time or was it just me?

You're problem sounds like a corrupt guide. You might want to hit a switch check to force a guide download.

I've seen a number of problems:

1) My weekly "Meet the Press" hasn't recorded for 2 weeks. It thinks the program is already recorded.

2) I started getting a bunch of Sesame Street & Law and Order recordings. Turned out I had two new timers. I don't think I had created them. I'm wonder if they could have been created by a dish.sling.com bug.

3) My DPP44 has locked up twice. All my boxes lose access to 1 more more satellites. I clear it out by unplugging all receivers (so they don't power the switch), then pulling the plug on the power inserter.

4) I use a DVDR for archival. The anamorphic from the S-Video is losing it's settings overnight. Each time I record I must Toggle my HDTV settings to get it back.

Man, this thing is an embarassement. Dish REALLY needs more beta testers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)