722k and ota module

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
I was wondering if anyone was having problems with 002 partial signal loss. I keep getting error now on my 722k's after dish did an update to my box now it keeps going partial signal loss on both of them and after the 5th tech was here today he said that it is odd because two other people's house that have ota's installed have had this problem too so just for the heck of it we took out one of the ota's and left the other one in just to see if that solved the problem. I was just curious if anyone else was having this problem. If this does not fix the problem dish said they will send them out to replace every cable and box in my house they are tired of me calling after reading on here its amazing how much nicer they are when you hit the key for I would like to stop my dish network service. LOL

Last edited:
Sometimes I'll get an error message for a few seconds when I first tune to an OTA channel, but then the 722K displays the channel. I have had no other real problems since installing the OTA module about a year ago - at least until one night this week. I recorded a one hour show on SYFY and the DVR did not record the entire show, even though it indicates that it recorded an hour. The program just stopped after about 27 minutes.

That does sound like it could be a bad receiver and or ota module, OR maybe your antenna is causing the problems? I had a bad splitter on my ota and it caused problems with my dad's 722k ota. He would get frequent drop outs on his ota channels and yellow ota sign would pop up a lot. I took the splitter off and put the ota antenna directly to the 722k and the problems stopped. Maybe check out the antenna part and see if that is causing problems.

I get signal loss occasionally but it is always on the only VHF channel. It's most likely slight multi-path. It most likely the long wave length of the VHF frequency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)