722k and sling problems

When you say browsers... you were trying Dish Online? Or Dish Remote Access (non-app)..

try Dish Remote Access: http://dish.sling.com use your dish network email address ... if that screen doesn't let you in, go to watch.sling.com, create an account using the same email address and password you've used for Dish Network, and then you should get in.

Interested to see what you get in the url redirection after logging into DRA. ie.. you start at dish.sling.com .. but it will redirect you to the specific server that keeps your information cached. ... like mycase recently ... I was on dish35.sling.com ...

Once in with Dish Remote Access in the web browser, if you see things odd there.. like missing channels in the guide, or it doesn't show your DVR'd items ... then for sure its an account issue, and we can get one of the Dish IRT members to wipe out your account on the dish back end, and see if that fixes it..

On the apple/android apps .. I would try logout, log in a few times.. I don't have my android here to look at and confirm.. under options does the APP have a "refresh" option.. if it does.. log out ... log in.. then immediately refresh ... wait.. refresh again ... wait.. and then refresh a third time.. see if that connects ... the same steps work when accessing Dish Online in a web browser (the refresh on DishOnline is on the "My Recordings" section under the icon for the DVR)

As to the "known" issue and engineering ... no telling when it will return, or if the problems are the same that we've seen throughout the history of DishOnline/DRA with "refresh" of data not happening.

And this is given that nothing else has changed.. ie no new home router, or changes to that router, or firmware update to the router.. etc.. anything to change in the networking connection means having to double check all parts from receiver outward.

Last edited:
I was referring to Dish Online on Firefox and IE - tried on Windows XP and Windows 7. No luck with iPad or Android apps either.

Everything used to work flawlessly before. Unless Comcast has started blocking Sling ports & IPs, nothing has changed on the networking front either.

they usually don't block random or even specific ports like what the sling uses. They are supposed to go after a class of service quality, with the exceptions for SMTP and the noted usual block of port 80 as if web servers only had to operate there (ie port redirection from multiple providers on the web already exist).

as to nothing changing on the networking front.. IP's the same inside? and does your router show any mapped ports (UPnP) looking for 5101 to be mapped to the IP of your receiver, if you have more than 1 sling adapter you'd be looking for 5101 & 5102.

are you getting specific errors when you attempt to login? Have you tried using Dish Remote Access on the old website?
http://dish.sling.com

Several problems can be attributed to your logon id and the cached information that Dish keeps as causes. And in the last 2 weeks, I think it was Zach (dish irt) that found a customer was actually being blocked by the download helper built into his browser (didn't get if it was specifically IE or FF that they fixed) and in that case the errors in streaming were Error 36.

I have not had any problems in the past two weeks streaming through Dish Remote Access on IE or FF. I do still have problems with DishOnline (starts on TV1 rather than in the web most of the time or startup lags several minutes to the point that a 4 minute video has played and stopped on the DVR before the stream even started in the web player, this is a dish/sling fault)

Since the firmware upgrade to L721 my 722 has been working with Dish online. I frequently have to reload 2 or 3 times but eventually connects

Wow! I glad that I found this thread. I thought I was the only one having this issue.

For some reason, I can only see Live TV. The 'My Recordings' is blank. I can't access any of the recorded shows.

I found that after whatever update they've thrown in, the web site view access is very POOR!

I also had a very old Slingbox Classic which I'm currently using on the other receiver (211k) using just Sling Player that comes with it.
Works great. It seems that quality is much better using the dedicated Sling client software (running Windows).

The Slingbox class has no recording capability since I don't have a hard disk on 211k but just knowing that I can watch better quality streaming on Slingbox Classic than on the Dish Online using Sling Adapter (on 722k) just baffles me.

TG2: Thanks for the idea for signing up at dish.sling.com, I've managed to login but all I can see for my sling adapter side is this message "
Your DISH Network SlingLoaded™ DVR can only be watched on DISH Remote Access and your compatible mobile device. Please log-in to www.dishnetwork.com and click on DISH Remote Access link."

Last edited:
Wow! I glad that I found this thread. I thought I was the only one having this issue.

For some reason, I can only see Live TV. The 'My Recordings' is blank. I can't access any of the recorded shows.

I found that after whatever update they've thrown in, the web site view access is very POOR!

I also had a very old Slingbox Classic which I'm currently using on the other receiver (211k) using just Sling Player that comes with it.
Works great. It seems that quality is much better using the dedicated Sling client software (running Windows).

The Slingbox class has no recording capability since I don't have a hard disk on 211k but just knowing that I can watch better quality streaming on Slingbox Classic than on the Dish Online using Sling Adapter (on 722k) just baffles me.

TG2: Thanks for the idea for signing up at dish.sling.com, I've managed to login but all I can see for my sling adapter side is this message "
Your DISH Network SlingLoaded™ DVR can only be watched on DISH Remote Access and your compatible mobile device. Please log-in to www.dishnetwork.com and click on DISH Remote Access link."
yeah.. that's going to be the bite in your "...but just knowing I can..." because of your Sling *box* your Dish account is not showing the Adapter but is showing the BOX.

If you go into DishOnline, into your Account / Recievers info.. is there a "remove" button for the slingbox? I know that normally there is an "add a slingbox" link ...

If there is a remove..I would do the removal option.. then manually log out (not clicking the x, but choosing the LOGOUT link) and then close all browsers, reopen one and then manually log in, try to control the adapter (not the box) and see if that gets you anywhere..

EDIT: Also ... is the Email address that you used to log into dish.sling.com the same address you use for Dish Network? If not see about changing your email address and password at SLINGBOX for your user account there...
Also this is the older link in through DRA at DishNetwork's website
https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processSatTimer.do book mark that before entering user/pass info and if it gets you in, then that should work.

Otherwise it seems it doesn't think your dvr is connected does not have the Sling Adapter connected ...

I login to Dishonline today, I can see my receiver with the Slingadapter picture on it..but still can't access my recordings on my DVR.

Is this still open issue being worked by Dish?

Live TV streaming - works, no problem.

I just received the Sling adapter in the mail last week for my 722 and I seem to be having the same issues that most of you here are having. I hope Dish fixes this soon, since I got a new toy and right off the bat am unable to use it.

I just received the Sling adapter in the mail last week for my 722 and I seem to be having the same issues that most of you here are having. I hope Dish fixes this soon, since I got a new toy and right off the bat am unable to use it.
anything specifically? "not connected"? Does your home router show port 5101 reserved for your 722's ip address? are you able to stream movies? (look for a title that's free and says it will start now rather than start in XX mins or "download") also how is yours connected? ethernet? wireless? homeplug? have you tried the Web Dish Remote Access (as opposed to DRA Apps)?

What the heck is going on here? I have a 722 w/Sling Adapter and it's working about as well as it always did via Android app (requires connecting min of 2 times and last night 5 times before receiver was discovered), DO, and DRA using FF7. I'm now on dish36.sling.com on DRA. Sometimes on DRA and DO I have to mess around with the receive selection pulldown menu before my 722 shows as connected. Then it mostly works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)