Dish dropped the 45 day waiting period on the sling player..

gokartergo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Ca
Just got this email from dish.. So I went in to my account and redeem it.. It is still 8 to 10 weeks for the card.. But I was supposed to wait untill July 8th to redeem it..

Dear Dan

We have some great news for you! When you purchased your Sling® Adapter accessory from DISH Network, we told you about the $99 Reward Card promotion and the requirements to redeem for the card. We have recently changed the promotion’s requirements and we wanted to let you know that you may be able to submit your redemption for the Reward Card today!

To redeem your reward card, go to: dish.com/myaccount and click on the Get Sling Adapter Reward link. If you currently meet the following eligibility requirements and would like to redeem your Reward Card, log into your online account at dishnework.com and go to the Get Sling Adapter Reward page under My Account within 75 days of the original purchase:
  • You purchased a Sling Adapter on or after May 18th, 2011.
  • Your DISH Network® account is active.
  • You have a ViP® 722 or ViP 722k receiver connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
  • You have opted-in to receive “Monthly Newsletters/ Exclusive Offers” from DISH Network.
  • The qualifying programming and 45-day wait period are no longer required.
This promotion automatically expires 75 days from the original purchase and you will no longer be able to redeem your Reward Card at that time. So act now!

If you don’t wish to participate in the Sling Adapter Reward Card promotion, you don’t need to do anything.

For more information about your Sling Adapter and TV Everywhere, go to: dish.com/tveverywhere.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,

DISH Network

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Still waiting on my account to be fixed... I'll give it another 15 days or so for my link to popup and then I'll dispute the charge on my credit card as this isn't what I was told when I ordered the unit. And to be honest since it is neutered so bad compared to a real sling adapter they can have it back.

Still waiting on my account to be fixed... I'll give it another 15 days or so for my link to popup and then I'll dispute the charge on my credit card as this isn't what I was told when I ordered the unit. And to be honest since it is neutered so bad compared to a real sling adapter they can have it back.

Neutered how? Have you checked since this weekend? There was a major change as far as I can tell.

on the web interface side of things: picture quality, ability to have a remote that looks like your actual remote.

also, a buddy of mine has an IPhone and we used it to look at my recevier and now he's switching to Dish. i won't have one of them fancy phones so i don't know if the changes helped out there. but he sure liked what he saw.

a friend of mine tried to get one with not having the programming yesterday and they said he still needed to upgrade his programming to get the rebate. Don't know if the new info has made it down to the CSRs yet or not.

I'm still waiting for the DIRT team to fix my account. I ordered it and was told it was being done under the promotion but whoever took my order screwed things up. Apparently, this happened quite a bit and is a pain to fix. They've been trying to get my account fixed for like 10 days now. :-/

I'm still waiting for the DIRT team to fix my account. I ordered it and was told it was being done under the promotion but whoever took my order screwed things up. Apparently, this happened quite a bit and is a pain to fix. They've been trying to get my account fixed for like 10 days now. :-/

I am in the same situation.

I got the same email yesterday, go to the website this morning and get the following error:
The system is currently unavailable, please try again later.
If the system is displaying this way, there may have been a problem with the way the sling adapter was ordered on the account. I would be happy to look into this for you. Please PM your account or phone# to me. Thank you!

I went to my account and there's no Get My Sling Adapter Reward link. Maybe it takes time to show up?:confused: I just ordered mine today. I pm'd Mary my info.

Ed

Just for everyone's information. The Sling Adapter Rebate link on the on-line accounts should show up with in 24-48 hours after your initial order. If you are not seeing that after that time frame, please PM me your account information. If you are getting the message: "The system is currently unavailable", please e-mail me your account information as well as there may have a issue with the way the sling adapter was ordered. Thank you!

Just for everyone's information. The Sling Adapter Rebate link on the on-line accounts should show up with in 24-48 hours after your initial order. If you are not seeing that after that time frame, please PM me your account information. If you are getting the message: "The system is currently unavailable", please e-mail me your account information as well as there may have a issue with the way the sling adapter was ordered. Thank you!

My link appeared a day after the adapter was shipped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts