Dish dropped the 45 day waiting period on the sling player..

You
When do you need to connect the ethernet / internet connection up to the 722/922? Before you order or can you wait until after you get it and before you apply for the rebate card?

You need the internet connection in order for the Sling to work. So I would order/set up the connection before you order so you can use it as soon as you receive it.

I know that the internet connection was needed, was just trying to make sure when I had to hook it up. I just have to hookup a few wires as I already have some ethernet wires in my walls but I think I already have them used for something else, have to see if I have any spare ones.

Technically you will need to have the receiver connected to the internet to be able to process the on line rebate. It now just shows two qualifiers that need to be green before you can submit the rebate. (Connected to internet & Opting in for marketing e-mails) Just bear in mind that the receiver will need to be connected to the internet for an overnight call out to successfully register the connection.

Apparently even months later it is still not quite right, I will PM you Mary - having the same problems on my account trying to access the rebate. It's been connected since yesterday (and working) but unable to access the rebate link or find it in the account. Thanks -- Phil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts