722k and using other device's remotes

Klaytos

Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Dayton OH
Hi all, I have a 722k and can't seem to get a couple of my other electronics remotes to work with it. Neither allow me to input codes but instead have me select my set-top box from a list, which Dish Network is listed on. The first is my LG tv. After choosing Dish as my box it basically asks "does this work?" and has me hit the power button. Which it doesn't. It then tries a second set-up and asks again. After failing again it basically says I am outta luck. The other device is my new Wii U system. It too has me select Dish as my box provider and cycles through 3 "settings" to find one that will work. None do.

I am far, far from knowledgable about any of the deeper settings of the 722k. Is there possibly some setting I could change or something I need to know to get these to work? Or does the 722k just not like other IR remotes? Both of the remotes are IR and my current Dish remote is a 20.0 IR. The receiver is in dual mode if that matters.

Thanks for any help you can give and if more info is needed I'll be happy to provide it.

Check the remote address you are using on the receiver. Press menu menu and verify that it is set to 1 IR. If you have it set to a different number, then that could be the problem. Generally other devices or universal type remotes output IR 1.

Press system info on the front of the receiver, hold SAT on the remote until all lights are lit, press 1, press #, press record a couple times. You should see it change the "1" in the white box

That did it! All is well now. Odds are I will never use my tv remote for Dish but it bugged the crap out of me nothing would connect! Anyway, I knew you guys would have the answer. Thank you very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)