722K deleting entire library

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Txcycle31

Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Houston
I was wondering if anybody knows about this problem or if I have a defective 722k receiver, but for the 2nd time, my entire DVR library has been deleted. When trying to go into a group and delete only the entire collection of one show, the entire library ends up being deleted. It's incredibly frustrating and pretty annoying. Also, I've had the 722k randomly reboot on me in the middle of a show. Luckily, it's not my main receiver as my 612 is the main living room receiver. I haven't had that problem with the 612. I've had a different problem with that receiver, but that's on another thread.

Do I have a faulty receiver? I don't want to end up losing my entire library of recorded shows again. I'm not very happy with the quality of receivers that I've had since I got my service installed just over a month ago.

My guess is you did what I did once. Instead of going to and expanding a show group FIRST, selecting Edit, then select all (of that SHOW), you went directly to Edit, THEN to your show group, selected all and wiped out everything. You are not the first person that this has happened to. But it is pilot error.

Yes, this same thing has happened to me a few years ago (even Scott Greczkowski had this happen to him) and KAB described how it happens. It is a poor intereface design; it looks like you are erasing just the group, but really you are erasing everything! Now, even though I know how it works, I never use that way of multiple deleting shows. Now, before doing a multiple delete, I always take the time to manually select each show that I want to delete. Then it only deletes the selected files and I don't have to worry/remember if I am going to erase everything by mistake.

I'm not going to deny I may have done it by accident. I'll own up to it if it was pilot error.

That's definitely bad UI design though. I'll definitely avoid deleting by groups in the future.

Thanks for your help guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)