722 & 322 - thinking about dropping the 322 and 14.00 Duo Fee question

JonBlack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Lowcountry, SC
I'm sorry if this has been covered but I searched the forums but really didn't find an answer.

I have a 722 & 322 receiver with AT250 programming and DVR service. My current monthly cost breakdown looks like this:

$64.99 - America's Top 250
$14.00 - Duo (2TV) Receiver
$6.00 - DVR Service
--------------------------------
$84.99 - Total Monthly Charges

If I drop my 322 and just keep the 722 will the $14.00 Duo Receiver Fee go away bringing my monthly charges to this?

$6.00 - DVR Service
$70.99 - Total Monthly Charges

Usually, the highest fee receiver is the primary (included in package). I can't answer why that did not happen. If you want to keep them both, call Dish and tell them to change your 722 to the primary, then your 322 would only be $7.00.

Usually, the highest fee receiver is the primary (included in package). I can't answer why that did not happen. If you want to keep them both, call Dish and tell them to change your 722 to the primary, then your 322 would only be $7.00.

No no no. That's wrong. You get the fee waived for te first receiver on the account. So even if you switched around the primary box it would still be the same. It would be only 7 dollars if he had a 311 not 322.

I'm sorry if this has been covered but I searched the forums but really didn't find an answer.

I have a 722 & 322 receiver with AT250 programming and DVR service. My current monthly cost breakdown looks like this:

$14.00 - Duo (2TV) Receiver
$6.00 - DVR Service
$84.99 - Total Monthly Charges

If I drop my 322 and just keep the 722 will the $14.00 Duo Receiver Fee go away bringing my monthly charges to this?

$6.00 - DVR Service
$70.99 - Total Monthly Charges

Yes.

dishdvr.jpg

um, nope
322 is a dual tuner so its $14

No no no. That's wrong. You get the fee waived for te first receiver on the account. So even if you switched around the primary box it would still be the same. It would be only 7 dollars if he had a 311 not 322.

No, no, no. We're both wrong. I was thinking 311. 322 is dual tuner, not dvr...$14.00.

yes they can but IIRC he'd have to purchase the unit
Or he has the HD free thingy and is not showing it (obviously he'd have to be on WA as the 322 wont work on EA)

also if you are in an Eastern Arc market you get the VIP receivers regardless if you take HD or not
(but again the OP has to be WA for the reason I posted)

Yes if you drop the 322 we would remove the $14 charge. The 1st receiver is included in the package and is free. If you end up dropping the 322 if it is leased we will send you a box to return it to us if it is purchased we would just disable it on the account.

Last edited:
yes they can but IIRC he'd have to purchase the unit
Or he has the HD free thingy and is not showing it (obviously he'd have to be on WA as the 322 wont work on EA)

Icey, Does not matter leased or owned. You've spouting stuff on our side a lot lately which you really don't know about for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies folks! I'll be dropping the 322 in the near future as the extra dual receiver is not worth the additional $14 for us.

Also, I am on the WA and I supposedly have the "HD For Life" thing, hence why I assume it doesn't show up as a fee.

If you no longer have an E* acct there is a good chance that you may not be as informed. Those that deal with it every month when we have to pay our pays tend to know what it cost.

Icey, Does not matter leased or owned. You've spouting stuff on our side a lot lately which you really don't know about for sure.
hmmm kinda like you and quoting the wrong price :rolleyes: pot meet kettle

Hence I wrote IIRC which is "If I recall correctly" and I also wrote

which obviously he said he does after the fact. I know if you are on a EA market you get VIP equipment regardless if you want HD or not but WA might be different since you can still get MPEG2 equipment

If you no longer have an E* acct there is a good chance that you may not be as informed. Those that deal with it every month when we have to pay our pays tend to know what it cost.

really? Well then maybe you better talk to your buddy "Kabbie" since he quoted the wrong price and gave wrong info too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts