722k Duo - OTA and Satellite to TV2

mickey53usa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Boy, I have searched and think I got more confused than anything.
Connecting a 722k with OTA module. Have a dedicated coax from the 722k to TV2. Would like to send both OTA and 722 to TV2 on the same dedicated coax. Planned to connect the "Home Distribution" port to a diplexer and the OTA out "Channel 3" to the other side, with the single lead to the dedicated coax. Don't know if I will get everything I want.

The other choice is to connect the 722 "Home Distribution" to the dedicated coax. At TV2, connect the dedicated coax to one side of a diplexer and the OTA to the other side of the diplexer, then a single lead to the TV. This way, tuned to channel 60 I should get 722 and then would get all the other OTA channels.

I am leaning toward option #2.

Thoughts - TIA

Merry Christmas!
Michael

Option 2 will work fine. I did it by using a regular splitter backwards. Connect your tv 2 to one output. Connect your OTA to the other and your Tv to the single input on the other side. As you said, you'll have satellite on channel 60 along with your local antenna channels on their channel numbers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It reads like they would like OTA to be HD as well as be able to watch two OTA at the same time.

Eurosport - Thanks, think this is the path I want.

I want HD OTA on TV2, but still be able to watch satellite or DVR content from the 722 as well.

Thanks all - Happy New Year

Reactions: eurosport
Well, an update. Used a splitter backwards at TV2. One lead from the 722 and the OTA. Got a very fuzzy picture from the 722. Disconnected the OTA and the picture from the 722 cleared up. Moved the splitter to the 722. One lead off the 722 and one off the OTA, then fed to dedicated Coax. TV2 received a clear picture on 60 and the other OTA channels. now the concern - am I broadcasting out my OTA??

No, you're good. The splitter at a distance probably introduced too much signal loss causing the fuzzy picture. There's not enough rf power for the signal to leave the cable to travel any distance. Enjoy!

Well, an update. Used a splitter backwards at TV2. One lead from the 722 and the OTA. Got a very fuzzy picture from the 722. Disconnected the OTA and the picture from the 722 cleared up. Moved the splitter to the 722. One lead off the 722 and one off the OTA, then fed to dedicated Coax. TV2 received a clear picture on 60 and the other OTA channels. now the concern - am I broadcasting out my OTA??

When combining the TV2 feed and antenna feed through a splitter I found that having it on channel 60 shows a snowy picture. This started happening just a year or so ago and I just changed the modulated channel output from 60 to 50 and it cleared it right up.

Reactions: eurosport
When combining the TV2 feed and antenna feed through a splitter I found that having it on channel 60 shows a snowy picture. This started happening just a year or so ago and I just changed the modulated channel output from 60 to 50 and it cleared it right up.
Good point. Mine was on 55, maybe that's why I didn't have any trouble with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)