722K Freezing up ALOT

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
My 722K is freezing up often...every show I have taped so far to be exact. On one of the programs it was so bad I had to reset it twice. Was there something wrong (like an eclipse, lol) today or is my receiver pooping the bed slowly?

My 722k has been acting up for the past 2 months. Every now & then when I play a DVR event it'll freeze in the middle of a program, then automatically go through the rebooting process.

Any idea why this is happening? Was beginning to think I had a bad receiver until I read your post.

First, A LOT is two words. Second, you don't 'tape' things on the DVR. There is no tape. But anyways...

No, you should not be having that many screw ups. Every now and then, yes. But it should be the extreme exception and not the rule.

Did you get a new television or hook up anything new via HDMI cables? My 722k would not record properly with the Logitech Revue connected via HDMI nor would TV2 out work worth a you-know-what. As soon as I removed the Revue, all the problems were gone.

You might try running a diagnostic to see if there's anything the DVR can detect. If the DVR reports everything 'normal' than it's either something the DVR can not detect or something else in the system is bad or going bad... Remember to consider parts on the dish outside, any switches you have, and cabling. (One time I was having all these intermittent problems and it turned out that the power supply to the DPP44 switch was going bad... Dish sent about 3 replacement receivers before they would listen and decide maybe it wasn't the receiver.)

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Unfortunately that's not possible anymore....think it died...keeps cycling in the reboot mode from "starting up" to "acquiring a signal", even unplugged it for a minute or two and plugged it back in but won't go out of that mode.
Leave it unplugged for an hour and try again. If it comes on, hook up an EHD and off load any recorded programs that you want to save, then call E* and request a replacement.

Mine died, they already sent me a replacement....luckily I didn't have much of anything saved on it at the time....

Yeah. I called DISH this evening and to make a long story short, it was determined that ours was near death and they're sending us out a replacement as well. We're going to lose some recordings, but nothing we can't live without. ;) We don't have an EHD and can't really afford to get one right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)