722K has sound but no picture with HDMI

dwarren2 said:
Did you do an unplug reset? If not try that. Un plug it for 15 sec then plug it back in and see ehat happens. Also, if you have any ehd's attached, disconnect them and anything else connected to a usb port.

If he is getting a 981 message. That is a boot recovery. Here is a picture of the screen:

ForumRunner_20121117_193051.png

It's not the usual screen. Basically, the receiver is doing repeated boot recoveries, because the hard drive is dead. As I said, I just went through it on Wednesday morning and on Thursday Dish came out and switched me to the Hopper. I also had it easier as I had a 211k that acted as my life boat until the Hopper and Joeys came.

Last edited:
311 is the hard drive error number. 981 boot recovery means the reciever was updating software and it was interrupted. Boot recovery is when it is attempting to fix itself. That process should take no longer than 4 hours. If it isn't fixed after 4 hours, the reciever needs to be replaced.

When I spoke with Zach S from Dirt, he basically said that if the 981 message is relooping over and over again, without a recovery, the system is dead. The OP's, along with mine, kept on freezing and resetting for a short time. When the 3:00 update hit, it was the final nail in the coffin. Yes it is trying to recover, but the hard drive is gone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)