722K has sound but no picture with HDMI

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Hello,
my 722K, doesn not give me a picture but i can hear the shows? Could it be the HDMI cable or is it a setting?

thanks

Did you try a different HDMI cable? Is it completely plugged in on both ends? Try a different input on the TV? Are you picking the correct input? Are you going directly to the TV?

If you try a hard reset and that does not work either try adjusting the hdtv settings on the 722rcvr... If your unable to see the menu try hooking it up with RCA or component cables. Possible bad HDMI cable or HDMI port on the rcvr??

nigel_miguel said:
It works for little bit, but i keep having to reset the receiver. Is there something wrong with it?

It could be multiple things. I would try narrowing it down. Is it the hdmi cable, the tv input, the tv itself, the reciever, a surround sound or a system you are running through. There are too many variables to say it's this or that without you providing more details Nd testing things to narrow down the possible causes.

Seems I've read on the forums where some TV brands can be more prone to similar HDMI problems. On my particular TV - a 32" Toshiba about 3 years old - I occasionally have a problem (with no DISH audio or video) when I select a different TV input. When it does happen, it's when I switch to the Sony Blu-Ray player (via HDMI) and then back to the DISH input, which is also HDMI. I will usually just power off the TV and the DISH receiver for several seconds and all is well after both power back up.

You can call,chat or hit up DIRT with your TV brand and model and they can submit a report and have it escalated so that the handshake encryption for your specific TV can be tested and if that is the problem then I'm sure they will work on getting that updated.

So I just got home and I did reset (red button). And the screen that comes up is a boot recovery screen "warning 981". What is this? I shouldn't be having to reset my receiver 2 to 3 times every day. What's wrong with my receiver?

nigel_miguel said:
So I just got home and I did reset (red button). And the screen that comes up is a boot recovery screen "warning 981". What is this? I shouldn't be having to reset my receiver 2 to 3 times every day. What's wrong with my receiver?

That means that your receiver was in the process off updating software and it was interrupted. You should leave it plugged into power but turned off for 4 hours. If it doesn't correct itself by then,reset it again.if its back on 981 then I would contact dish to have a replacement sent.

Ok keeps going back to this recovery screen. It seems to be in a cycle. I got this receiver in September of 2011. Is there anything that dish will do? And is there anything that I can do?

nigel_miguel said:
Ok keeps going back to this recovery screen. It seems to be in a cycle. I got this receiver in September of 2011. Is there anything that dish will do? And is there anything that I can do?

Mine did the same exact thing on Tuesday night and was dead Wednesday morning with the 981 screen. Your screen was freezing but the audio staying on? Then when you shut the TV off and turned it back on, it looked like a refined tv snow? Then at the 3:00 update it went down for good?

If so, I have to ask is there something in the L755 software that could be causing this?

You can add the protection plan right now, then get the replacement. There is no waiting period, Dish is good about that.

Did you do an unplug reset? If not try that. Un plug it for 15 sec then plug it back in and see ehat happens. Also, if you have any ehd's attached, disconnect them and anything else connected to a usb port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts