722k hdtv setup question

I bought a new sony 46inch 1080p 240hz tv the other day.my question is to get the best pic what is setting I need to set to on 722k.I also got a hdmi 240hz cable hookup to it.thanks for any help.

The only two HD settings available on the receiver are 1080i and 720p. Your TV will use its own scaler to render its native 1080p resolution regardless of the resolution inputted to it. I'd suggest trying both settings to see which your set likes the best. I'd guess it'll either prefer 1080i (since 1080p from 1080i is a trivial conversion) or you won't be able to tell the difference between the settings.

For cable TV, the three settings usually available are cable-std (standard), cable-hrc (harmonically related carriers), and cable-irc (incrementally related carriers). Start with cable-std and if that doesn't provide the channels, try cable-irc and cable-hrc. It's usually cable-std for most systems.

As far as the 722K in concerned, hrc...irc is irrelevant. Does not apply. Dish is not cable. And I hope you did not get scammed into buying an expensive HDMI cable...refresh rate has nothing to do with it. It's all in the TV. A $6-10.00 cable from monoprice.com is all you would need.

As far as the 722K in concerned, hrc...irc is irrelevant. Does not apply. Dish is not cable. And I hope you did not get scammed into buying an expensive HDMI cable...refresh rate has nothing to do with it. It's all in the TV. A $6-10.00 cable from monoprice.com is all you would need.

:up

so which one do I set for?hrc, irc or offair.and this setupis on the 722k.

It is NOT on the 722K setup. If you are trying to get your existing cable ( if you have one) through the 722k, you can't...diffeernet tuners. Laddyboy, you need to pay attention.

lindenray, let's see if we can make grumpy old KAB happy.

You said you have an HDMI cable connected from the 722k to your new TV. To watch Dish programming, you just select the HDMI port the receiver is connected to on your TV as the input for your TV. For the 722k receiver, press Menu 6 8. Under "Analog Type", select "Offair". Ignore the IRC, HRC, and Cable setting choices under "Analog Type". You want "Offair". Under "TV Type", select "1080i", and under "Aspect Ratio", select "16x9". That should take care of basic 722k receiver setup for your new TV unless you need help with TV2 OUT or local OTA channels with the optional OTA module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts