722K install ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Getting a 722 installed Monday and was going to have the installer back feed 2 Tv's . I have several cable going back to a central distribution point. And was wondering if it's better to back feed over a separate coax or let he tech install a diplexer and back feed it on the incoming sat cable.

I'm surprised the fanbois aren't beating up on the OP for not going with the Hooper.
I think the 722k is a great receiver.
I got nothing against the Hopper, but the Joeys are Hit or miss, So if it wouldn't cost me $65 in fees I would have 4 Vip 722k and my 211z.

2 hoppers and 2 joeys and a 211z only cost $45 in fees.

And if you're a single person, A 722k makes more sense.
Unless you need some of the Nitch functions that the Hopper has. Or HD at both locations.

Acually I even considered, having all Vip211z.
Dish was going to lease me 3, and $160 would have bought me the other 2.
Then the one time $40 dvr fee,
But the Cost of 4 external drives kind of didn't make much sense, it would have taken about 4-5 years to start saving money over a Hopper System that I got for nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If I lived alone, I'd mirror that HD rather than put up with SD at the second TV.

That said, I wouldn't go back to a ViP now that I've seen Paree/gotten used to the Hopper.

But for someone not used to the Hopper and living alone, a ViP is fine. No killer reason to move to the Hopper. Yet, anyway.

Reactions: Troch77
If I lived alone, I'd mirror that HD rather than put up with SD at the second TV.

That said, I wouldn't go back to a ViP now that I've seen Paree/gotten used to the Hopper.

But for someone not used to the Hopper and living alone, a ViP is fine. No killer reason to move to the Hopper. Yet, anyway.
Actually if I lived alone, I would most likly two 211s with Externals.
That would suit my needs just fine.
With Amazon ,Netflix, Showtime ,and HBO Go with my PS4, Smart Tv, the Ondemand wouldn't be missed by me.

I do like it since I have it Hopper, but I certainly could live without it.

I think the 722k is a great receiver.
I got nothing against the Hopper, but the Joeys are Hit or miss, So if it wouldn't cost me $65 in fees I would have 4 Vip 722k and my 211z.

2 hoppers and 2 joeys and a 211z only cost $45 in fees.
You could cut way back on the VIP fees substituting any outlet where you don't really need two outputs with a VIP 612. (And each includes an OTA module) One 722, three 612's and the 211 would be $44. The 722 would have no fee as the primary receiver. Two 722's and two 612's and the 211 would be $51. My 612's have been rock solid for years now. You have just as many tuners, perhaps more if all 722's do not have an OTA module.

You could cut way back on the VIP fees substituting any outlet where you don't really need two outputs with a VIP 612. (And each includes an OTA module) One 722, three 612's and the 211 would be $44. The 722 would have no fee as the primary receiver. Two 722's and two 612's and the 211 would be $51. My 612's have been rock solid for years now. You have just as many tuners, perhaps more if all 722's do not have an OTA module.
I have to admit, I've had Bad luck with 612s.
In 2010, I've had 3 replaced in less then 6 months.
And they were laggy like the HR23s.
Plus I believe they only have 320GB hardrives.
That's way too Old school for me lol.

I would stick with a Hopper system before another 612 enters my house.

But I do see your point, and people should keep that in mind for other options.
Thanks you for the Price breakdown.

Reactions: Tampa8
There was definitely a time when they were buggy, over the last years, about 5 or so years mine have been working just about flawlessly.

I live by myself... Just have a 722k back feeding 4 rooms No receiver fee and a $7.00 DVR I am fine :)
However i would love to know how to hook up my ota antenna and run it down the same line as my back feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts