722k Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

88slayer

Original poster
May 21, 2011
melbourne,fl
I am currently having issues with my 722k reciever. It is intermittently deciding to lose connection to the dish. I can make sure everything is tight, retighten the cable, double check signals at the dish, and still wont get tje box to recognize the dish. Then it will randomly start working again with no issues. Any help would be appreciated.

:welcome Hi and welcome to Sat Guys. I would like to try and help you with your issue. When you say the receiver is not connecting, is it rebooting, powering off then on and going through acquiring satellite signal? How long has it been doing this? Has anything changed since the was working properly to now? Have you attempted to reset the receiver by unplugging from the power for 10 seconds? Please let me know and we will go from here!!

It never happens while we are watching, so I am not sure if it is rebooting or not. Nothing is changed at all in the setup when this does occur. I have unplugged and reset it a few times. Also this has been going on for around 2 months. IT has currently been disconnected for 10 hours that I know of.

I am currently having issues with my 722k reciever. It is intermittently deciding to lose connection to the dish. I can make sure everything is tight, retighten the cable, double check signals at the dish, and still wont get tje box to recognize the dish. Then it will randomly start working again with no issues. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had this problem the last 4 or 5 weeks. I get it back by using remote and pressing 6, 1 enter. Resetting does nothing for the problem. The last week it seems to have corrected on it's own.

It could be a bad fitting or bad barrel somewhere. I've seen a few barrels causing intermittent issues, but most commonly it's been some sort of short. Check ALL of the fitting for a loose braid somewhere, check the ground block, wall plate, every one you can find, even at the LNBF if possible. But most of the times that I've seen this it was caused by a short intermittently causing the receiver to not power the LNBF because the voltage shorts out to the ground (path of least resistance). If you can't find anything there, then look for bad barrels somewhere. But you could also have a tech out and have him check the dbm at the receiver and see if there is a cable issue.

I've had this problem the last 4 or 5 weeks. I get it back by using remote and pressing 6, 1 enter. Resetting does nothing for the problem. The last week it seems to have corrected on it's own.

What does using the remote and pressig 6 and then 1 do? It only changes my channel.

I had similar issues when my account for first set up. It was a bad LNB. They did tests and didn't think that was it but got exasperated and replaced the LNB. Voila. Flawless ever since. I don't know about your situation though.

pabeader said:
press swap
change to a non ota channel
press swap again

problem fixed.

I had this problem when I first started using the mta module. These symptoms will occur when you have a signal loss on your ota channel that the receiver is tuned to. The module has weird ota signal fluctuations that are unexplained. Doing exactly what you have described is how I recover from the problem.