How to view EHD via DRA???

pjsjeep

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa AL
So, I have transfered some movies and shows to my new EHD. Now, I do I view them with DRA? I don't see anything that shows MY MEDIA like on the DVR. Also, is there a way to set the program to record directly to the EHD?

Thanks for any help.

On DRA the programs on the EHD are integrated into the main My DVR page... No My Media to fiddle with. I only wish it would work this way on the receiver!

So far as I know, there is no way to record directly to the EHD.

That is what I would had thought, but they are not there? I will go home and make sure my EHD is working, but last time I looked at home it was.

Some Seagates are notorious for going into a sleep mode from which the receiver cannot recover. On the other hand, my WD Green Drives go into sleep mode very aggressively, but they always spin up when the receiver accesses them. Which EHD are you using?

Lucky you! That would suck. :( Try doing a search on Satelliteguys for "Seagate EHD" and see if you can find the instructions on turning off it's sleep mode. Many Seagate owners swear by this procedure. Requires a free Seagate utility and a Windows PC, but it's a one-time fix so you might consider this.

Yes it would, because the Seagate utility is modifying a parameter in the disk firmware, without messing with your data on disk.

Thanks Krell, I found the link to the manager and changed the power saving mode to NEVER. I am assuming that is what puts it to SLEEP. Thanks for your help.

PJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)