722k Partial Signal Loss

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
What would cause a partial signal loss? It's only happening on our 722k. Our 222k is working just fine.

One of my wife's favorite channels is LMN and it's happening on that channel as in the Partial Signal Loss message keeps appearing.
I had her do a reboot and we will see. I had her check the signals before the reboot and we're getting 57-58 on 129, 75 on 110. and on 119 TP 12 it was bouncing all over the place between 75 to 35 to 0 and back again.

Check what channel Tuner 2 is on. If it is on an OTA channel, you can get the partial signal loss.

Single mode doesn't matter. Make sure you have good OTA signals on the ATSC tuner, if you have an antenna.

Next time you get the message, press "Guide" then "View Live TV". That gets the picture back for me. And if I "Rewind" I see tht I really never lost the signal on that channel.

Well it's annoying my wife when it happens. Is this a bug with the 722k?

I did add an antenna this past weekend (not close to our dish though) and today is the first day we have seen that error.

If you have the antenna disconnected at this time, simply do a new channel scan and that will clear anything out of the ATSC tuner.... If the antenna is still connected, you will scan in any channels that have enough signal to be read. Be careful of any channels that might be less than 65, dropouts will cause those partial signal loss messages at times. I get this with my 722 (non K).....

I have the 722 and have started having this problem the last couple of months. I do have the antenna connected, but rarely watch the local ota channels. It happens a lot on 202 & 139

Don't have OTA and this has been happening on 202, HLN, for months. Occasionally other channels too. Very aggravating. Had tech out never seen this before. Jappens pn tv 1 and tv 2

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

I got PSL early on after getting my 722, but I can't remember the last time it's happened to me. It's been well over a month, maybe 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)