722K playback problem

MIshler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
ontario,ny
We have a 722k that has just started behaving strangely. We recently had several recorded programs that halted playback prematurely. One stops 3 min into a 4 hour recording, the other about 20 min into a 1 hr recording.. I tried a warm and cold boot but still have the same issue. Other recording seem to be OK. Any thoughts?

Check time of recordings and time of daily reboot, initially 3AM, check/change at Menu+8+4. Do they overlap? Are these OTA channels? Those can have signal loss. Make sure your last OTA access is to a strong signal on both TV1 and TV2 as signal loss there can cause troubles.
-Ken

Ken
Thanks for the reply. The reboot time is 3am. One of the programs was OTA but the signal strength is always in the 90's to 100. The other was TNT and the weather was good and the signal strength is good there.

Many of we 722k owners have seen this seemingly random problem.

I'm just glad it hasn't happened on a season finale or a show that I can re-record because it gets showed more than once!

Also, by the looks of your avatar you were a submariner? USS Tinosa SSN(606)!

Also, by the looks of your avatar you were a submariner? USS Tinosa SSN(606)!

Retired Submariner. Quillback, T-1, Pargo, Trepang, Bergall, Repair Boss Frank Cable, lots of Shipyards. Enlisted then Officer.

I remember Tinosa at Sub Base New London.

Thanks for the link to your thread, I see I'm not alone. I deleted the recordings so I can't confirm if one was done on a Wednesday( it was a Soap) but I know the other was Sunday afternoon. I hope they get a fix for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)