722k playback recordings problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
It's happened twice so far today. I start watching a show that stop somewhere in the middle of it like the recording has ended. Looking at the menu it shows the whole thing got recorded. I restart the show and fast forward and it still ends. This has never happened before today. It has done it on both shows and they were recorded off of the big 4 networks. Is this a sign the HDD is going out?

I've had that happen a few times before and I think it's from a corrupt recording.

Same here. Has happened at least three or four times, if not more over the last couple of years. Hard reboot the receiver.

The exact same thing happened to my 722K. About two weeks after this started the receiver froze up. It would not advance from the starting up screen. Unplugging it didn't do any good. Dish had to send out another receiver.

This has been happening for a good while I reported the same thing a long time ago. It is a s/w bug and nothing more. You can hard reboot it, but I'm not sure that does anything what so ever.

I have had the same problem over the last few weeks on two occasions. Someone suggested that it may be a bad spot on the internal HDD. Due to that I have made a folder called "Problems" and placed the bad recordings into that folder. According to theory that should prevent those bad sectors on the HDD from being used in the future... at the cost of a few hours of recording time. Can't hurt to give it a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)