722K Problem

ClarkGable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2010
NW Ohio
A problem started this morning with our 722K. It keeps getting error 002 messages and indicates the signal was lost. However, as soon as I press the guide button, the picture returns. I tried unplugging it, forcing a switch test, etc. Afterwards, it will work fine for several minutes, but ends up showing the error screen again in just a few minutes until the guide button is pressed.

Box A on system info says Good, signal is good on 110 (70), 119 (80) and 129 (53). The box has software L801. This problem makes watching a program impossible. Any thoughts?

Unplug your receiver and wait a minute and replug it back in. You just need a power cord reboot. I 've seen this numerous different times over the years I had a 722k and still see it on my parents 722k. 3 type of reboots you can perfom ,but the power cord fixes most things ,including new software bugs and glitches.

1.red button reboot- hold red button on receiver till the receiver reboots.

2. smart card -pull out and replace.

3. power cord -pull the plug ,wait a minute & plug back in.

If you have OTA Antenna, go to the channel with the highest signal strength and then switch back to the channel which you were on previously. It is a long known bug in the SW that Dish will never ever fix.

If you have OTA Antenna, go to the channel with the highest signal strength and then switch back to the channel which you were on previously. It is a long known bug in the SW that Dish will never ever fix.

Sad but true. And just to beat it to death, after the above, tune in a satellite channel, then change to another satellite channel and watch. Clears the last channel viewed from being an OTA channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't have a chance to try it since the thing seems to be okay as of now.

The problem started with a sat channel this morning - not an OTA, though we do have the OTA module installed. It was a little bit foggy this morning, but that wouldn't explain why pressing the guide button instantly brought the channel back. It did the same thing whether on a sat channel or OTA - just different error codes.

My wife had the TV off all day, and upon turning it on late this afternoon, it is working okay. I did do a tech chat this morning, and after running the usual suggestions, I mentioned I had software L801. The first tech hit the box with an update, said all would be well, but it didn't fix the problem (she resent 801, BTW.) The next tech said they would send someone out tomorrow. I almost cancelled the appointment since it seems to be okay now, but we have the service plan so might as well have them take a look at it. Worst that would happen is we would get a different DVR.

I have printed out the channel changing directions for future reference! Thanks again!

Unplug your receiver and wait a minute and replug it back in. You just need a power cord reboot. I 've seen this numerous different times over the years I had a 722k and still see it on my parents 722k. 3 type of reboots you can perfom ,but the power cord fixes most things ,including new software bugs and glitches.

I only do a pull-the-plug reset - just seems to save time. It didn't fix things this time. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Even when you weren't watching OTA, it sometimes seems to get confused by losing an OTA signal.

My 722 started doing the same thing a couple of days ago...just did the unplug bit...see if that works. Also, to add insult to injury I have a Google Revue in between :) ... I know that also causes issues...but, as always, nice to know I'm not alone :)

There is no card to pull on a 722k. You can do that w/ 622 & 722 but the K only has internal built in so the slot is empty.

Only $15 if you don't have the plan or free if you do, owned or leased..... period! ;)

no, that is incorrect..... period!
wink.gif

it used to be that way, but it has changed. our 722 went out a couple weeks ago. Contacted Mike about getting an exchange and it was the shipping (both ways because they still want your old one) + $75.

fixed it myself instead.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts