722k Programming Guide for Over-The-Air

I'm not gonna turn this into a D* VS E* thread. But, the standard price of D*s HD DVR package is $76. And, yes, it would cost an extra $5/mo for for Universal, MGM, C&I, etc. for a total of $81. (The almost identical HD add-on is $10 with Dish, btw.)

I'm not sure what package you have that gives you a "ton of HD". But, the equivalent E* programming would cost $88 (Classic Gold, Gold HD, PlatinumHD, Locals, and DVR fee) And, if you were to add add'l DVR's, it would be $5 for each one, unlike D*, which only charges $5 per account. (Of course, they both charge $5 for each add'l receiver, which could give E* the advantage with its dual output models.)

Dish nickels and dimes its customers to death. That's what they do. It's a fact. It may not bother you. But, it's annoying as hell to a lot of people.
Absolute HD.

At least you get the option to pay for the locals or not, and that's what this thread started with.

I don't agree with the 'nickle & dime' at all - I get just what I expected for just what I agreed to pay. It's quite simple - and I don't work for E* BTW. People get annoyed and complain way to easily. The info is there before you sign up - take it or leave it. I'd way rather pay half to E* than twice as much to whoever the alternative is. Who wouldn't?

Just Upgraded: Remote Questions

Values in Dish Info Screen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)