722k purposely blocks credit skipping?

joshr915

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 17, 2008
I know IR issues with the 722k have been discussed before, but I don't remember reading anything about the following (sorry if I missed something):

When playing credits on a movie, etc or any mostly-black monocrome scene, the 722k does not accept IR signals. I have tested this over an over and it happens everytime, at least on my box. Im not sure if this is done on purpose, or still a fault in the box.

I have noticed other, unrelated devices that begin to stutter during credits in an mpeg file, so maybe its something with mpeg encoding that the box isn't reading properly. No clue :\

Well, thats the only pattern I notice with the oft-discussed 722k IR problems...

I suspect your HDTV is putting out a boatload of IR noise, most particularly on black scenes. Try shielding the receiver's IR sensor from the TV, including nearby objects that might be bouncing the IR noise back at the receiver.

And I have to agree with you on the "unrelated devices" that stutter during credits on mpeg files. My Mediagate MG-35 does that. I think it can't handle mpeg-2 data rates less than a certain minimum.

hmm alright, ill try to shield the sensor somehow and test it, but i definitely never had this problem with the 622. though the IR receiver on that seemed exposed and not covered like they are on the 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)