722k question regarding dual tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

maarch

Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Seattle
I am a new prospective dish customer trying to move from directv. I have 2 HD TVs, one in living room and other in bedroom. Here is my minimal requirement
Living Room - HD, 2 tuners (watching a different program while recording another), HD DVR
Bed Room - Ideally HD but OK to watch live TV in SD, ideally 2 but one tuner is ok, HD DVR

I am wondering if 722k can cater to this requirement (As per my requirement I need 3 tuners, 2 in living room and one in bedroom and I think 722k only has 2 tuners for satellite tv). If not then what are my options.

A 722 probably won't suit your needs. It does have 2 tuners, but only the first TV off of it would be HD (the second is SD). For what you want to do, you'll probably be better off getting 2 receivers, a 722 and 211 or 612. The 211 is an HD receiver, and can be turned into a DVR by adding an EHD to it, and paying a one time $40 fee. The 211 would only have one tuner to record off, a 612 has 2 tuners.

Can I do something like this with 722 - record one program while watching another in HD in living room and simultaneously watch another program in TV in bedroom in SD. As I said, I am fine with watching TV in SD in bedroom.

Can I do something like this with 722 - record one program while watching another in HD in living room and simultaneously watch another program in TV in bedroom in SD. As I said, I am fine with watching TV in SD in bedroom.

The recording would take over one of the TVs in your home, so the TV2 would have to watch whatever is recording. However, if you add OTA to the mix, this does give you an extra tuner to record, and watch off of. So if you watch/record a lot of local channels, you may be able to do it with one receiver

722 and 211 would fit your requirements the best (with EHD)
612 and 211 will cost the same
722 and 612 will work, but will cost more per month and possibly extra upfront

What you can do with the 722/211 combination is hook the Home distribution(SD) to the coax in on the bedroom TV. Hook the 211 with an ehd to the hdmi input. Then you can just switch between the 2 inputs. Gives you true hd in the bedroom with dvr function and ability to store programing or watch what is on the 722. If you have an ota antenna, you can connect that to both receivers and add the ability to record a 3rd program. Also, once a program has started to record, you can use the dvr function to watch it, no matter which tuner is in use for recording.
There is no charge to add an ehd to a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)