722k question

rstaples312

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Kentucky
Over the years (17 total and 14 at my current residence) I have upgraded or replaced receivers several times. It is an EXTREME pain to have to reprogram all of my recordings each time. It is even more annoying now that we have regular season programs AND off season programs that must be re-programed. I currently have a 722k that I LOVE and actually chose over the new Hopper. Is there ANY way to copy or make a backup of my timers from the receiver and then upload them back later? I would LOVE to have this feature and thought that Dish was going to add this feature.
Also, is it just my settup or has anyone else had problems recording directly to their ERD lately? I can copy or move programs back and forth without a problem, but if I schedule a recording to go directly to the ERD, the recording trigers but nothing records on the ERD.

TIA

Richard

Last edited:
rstaples312 said:
Over the years (17 total and 14 at my current residence) I have upgraded or replaced receivers several times. It is an EXTREME pain to have to reprogram all of my recordings each time. It is even more annoying now that we have regular season programs AND off season programs that must be re-programed. I currently have a 722k that I LOVE and actually chose over the new Hopper. Is there ANY way to copy or make a backup of my timers from the receiver and then upload them back later? I would LOVE to have this feature and thought that Dish was going to add this feature.

TIA

Richard

I do beleive that function is available with th 722k

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

I thought so too but no one seems to be able to tell me how it is done. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Richard

rstaples312 said:
I thought so too but no one seems to be able to tell me how it is done. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Richard

I believe you can do it with the remote. I remember reading instructions and even did it myself but can not find the directions I wrote down. Check out the Hopper section as that is where I read about it.

System wizard button on the remote, then follow on screen instructions. I believe it is available with the 722k but not 722. I could be wrong though, stranger things have happened. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Also, is it just my settup or has anyone else had problems recording directly to their ERD lately? I can copy or move programs back and forth without a problem, but if I schedule a recording to go directly to the ERD, the recording trigers but nothing records on the ERD.

The record to ERD only pertains (ed) to the old, now basically defunct pocketdish. Why the feature is still there is beyond me. It does not apply to normal EHDs (external hard drives). Never has. Moving back and forth is it.

System wizard button on the remote, then follow on screen instructions. I believe it is available with the 722k but not 722. I could be wrong though, stranger things have happened. :)

This is correct. Only on the K model, not the plain vanilla ViP722.

thechaz05 said:

While pointing the remote at your receiver, press and hold 0 (system wizard button), then follow on screen prompts to backup settings. While the 2 way communication is going on, it's recommended that the remote not be moved, so place it on a solid surface in front of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)