722k random reboots! - Very annoying!

jdad11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
US
Hey guys,

Anyone here experiencing random reboots with the 722k lately? I'm watching the final basketball olympics and my 722k been acting weird. The system keeps freezing, video stall and you can hear the audio .. after 1 min it reboots itself with Dish Starting up. Both Tv1 and Tv2 the same thing. I got an OTA module... too.

The sky clear.. signal strength is good.

Is this caused by the new firmware?

I've temporarily disconnected my OTA cable from the OTA module.. it seems to have stabilize.

Hmm... just wondering if my OTA module is acting strange again.

It came back again.. random reboots. I've disabled my OTA module, disconnected my slingadapter as well.
My 722k has the latest firmware: L753
Signal quality all good on 77,72 and 61.5.

All starting with picture freezes, locked up (no remote response) and reboots itself after 2-3 mins, it will try to retune itself.
Doesn't matter if I'm watching live or recorded programs.. the system reboots after 5-10 mins of usage.

Anyone here has this problem before? Do I need to call dish and have this receiver replaced? Heck, I don't have a protection plan and I bet they're going to charge me an arm and leg for a broken receiver (11 months old).

I

Anyone here has this problem before? Do I need to call dish and have this receiver replaced? Heck, I don't have a protection plan and I bet they're going to charge me an arm and leg for a broken receiver (11 months old).

Do a system info to see if there is a problem with your lnb's. As far as replacing the receiver. It will only cost you $17 for shipping. I've replaced my 722 several times over the years. Cost was $15 but I think they increased it to $17. You can always add the protection plan, keep it for 4 months and then drop it.

The system info is ok (if I could get it to boot after multiple times). I have another 211 receiver.. that one is working, so I know the lnb is working.

Do you know if they charge you another $17 for shipping bad receiver back to them or do you have to pay that out of your expenses? If so, I may have to add the $7 protection plan and keep it for 5 months.

Today, I got another wierd message "Warning 981" - Boot recovery Bootstrap id 1333 Hardware ID: RMGB... Receiver id: xxxxxx Vital Program information will now be downloaded into your receiver... do not disturb or unplug the receiver until this screen disappears....."

Very slow to boot up.. multiple times, I can hear it churnn.. then die.. then freeeze... have to keep pressing either the power button or the reset button.

No. When they send you the replacement receiver, the return label is underneath the shipping label. You just place the old receiver in the box and ship it back. Usually shippiewd to you by UPS and return is usually FedEx. They charge your account $17. No other expense. Usually you get the replacement in 2 working days.

Sounds like you need a replacement. If possible, dl any programming to a ehd and copy your timers or try to dl the timers to your remote.

I just got an ehd enabled by dish... but then, I got a 10mins window (seems to max) to copy any files over before it auto reboots itself again.Have to do it one at a time. Files over 1.5 hr long can't be copied over because when it look longer than 10m, the stupid 722k reboots itself... darn. this is frustrating.

Nope.. had to start over. I have to unplug, let the box cools down for 10mins, and try again. Trying to do in my airconditioned room too... this stupid box keeps rebooting no matter what. Now, it at least goes up to 12-13 mins before the hard drive whirred up and it reboots. This time, I can heard it making a thumping sound like "clunk-clunk-clunk".. wtf is that?

When one of my 722 started overheating, I had to wait an hour before I could plug it in again. That gave me about an hour before it would over heat again.

Finally, managed to copy over everything except for shows that's 2 hrs long. Called dish up yesterday and they're sending me a new box for $15 shipping after talking to their 2nd level tech and finally convinced him that I got a bad 722k. Can't wait to get the new box in couple of days.

Yup, I've got the same issue starting today. Just rebooted for the 3rd time and I decided to check and see what I could find. Is contacting Dish the only resolution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts