722k rebooting continuously!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Last night, I turned on my 722k and got the starting up screen. Then it would show the searching for signal at 3 bars, then 2 bars and then reboot back to the starting up screen. I unpluged it several times and saw no change. So, I unplugged it and left it unplugged for 1 hour. I then plugged it back in and went to bed. This morning, it is working fine. The first thing I did this morning was start a transfer of all my programs over to the external hard drive.
Is my 722k hard drive crashing or was this a fluke. Anybody have the same thing happen to them on the
722K?

If it starts again, it's no fluke...bad drive. I had a 722 do as you described. Fine for a day or two, then it would not boot up at all.

If it starts again, it's no fluke...bad drive. I had a 722 do as you described. Fine for a day or two, then it would not boot up at all.

yeah. when i had my 622 that's exactly how it started before i had to replace it.

Yep same thing with me a couple years ago, what made things even better was the replacement DISH sent out was bad too. 3rd one worked great until it was replaced with a hopper in Dec.

Well, I didn't make it. I got most transfered, but when I tried the second batch, the 722 started rebooting again. Now, when it comes online, I can't access the onboard hardrive. When I try, the receiver locks up and I have to reboot it again. I am trying to access my timers via Dish online, but they will not load. MaryB from DIRT is having another 722K sent to me. I should have it Tuesday, but I will continue to try accessing my timers, so I can make a copy. I had 70 timers set and will never remember all of them. As for the recordings that did not transfer, I transfered my favorites first, so I can live without them.Thanks MaryB!

The timers are stored on the harddrive. IF the drive goes permanently bad before you can save them, you lose them completely. Also look out for this if you ever decide to just format your internal drive for some reason. You will also lose your timers in this case.

Where is the backup. What key strokes are needed to get there. I might have that many strokes left before it dies. Help?

When I boot the 722K, it does not completely power up, but while acquiring signal, I pushed the "o" button and it entered the wizard. But my wizard only has a continue or cancel button to recognize the remote control. No advanced button. May be because the hard drive is shot and the wizard cannot find it. MY manual does not show the advanced button, but when I pull up the online manual, it has the advanced button instructions. Must have been added since I got my manual. Well, my new or rebuilt 722K will be hear Tuesday. I did get the online timer list to come up, but there was not way to copy it, so I manually made a list with an ink pen. Shoot, I almost had forgot how to use an ink pen. :D Thanks for all the help anyway.

Everyone with a 722K shoud go to the Wizard and back up there timers now. Do not wait until their hard drive crashes. Also, never let the 722K hard drive get too many programs on it. Keep them backed up also. It is jus as easy to watch them from the ext HD unless it crashes. ;)

Well, I received my 722K yesterday. It is remanufactured (hopefully with a NEW hard drive). As soon as I get all my timers programmed, I will back them up using the wizard. As a note, when I checked the system info screen, the status at the top stated that the LNB was off by +5 or something like that. Then about one hour later, I get a call from Dish Tec Support offering to come out for free and adjust my system, since their data that they received showed my system was out of sync. I ask her when she got the notice and she stated within the last three days, but not in the last hour. Her notice was printed out the morning that she called. My 211K must have sent in the data. We may never know. But a tech will be out next week to realign my dish for free. At the moment Dish is such a great company, until they piss me off over something else, like they did when the did away with the "Absolute" package or when the did away with Voom. I never forget. :popcorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)