722k rentals disappearing bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
I have noticed my rentals have been disappearing after the nightly reboot instead of the 30 days they usually last.
Anyone else notice this issue/bug?

I have noticed my rentals have been disappearing after the nightly reboot instead of the 30 days they usually last.
Anyone else notice this issue/bug?
I had the same issue with two different ViP722k's over the last two years. It annoyed me so much that I finally upgraded to the Hopper.

Yup, this just happened to me. With the free EPIX weekend, I "rented" a movie and the nightly update made it disappear. That isn't too bad. But what really sucks is it takes up space on your hard drive that you can't get back because you have no way to delete that rental.

Just curious, anyway to reformat the hard drive in the 722K? I mean what's the command(s) for that.

Those of you with sling adapters might find the programs still there and even able to be viewed via DishAnywhere.com. At least that's what I discovered back in 2012.

Just curious, anyway to reformat the hard drive in the 722K? I mean what's the command(s) for that.
If the hard drive fails badly enough, it might reformat itself automatically. I had that happen to a 501 last year. Fortunately, I was able to fill it back up with programs I want to watch, before Dish stopped broadcasting in a format that the 501 can support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts