722k screen freeze

tcjeep

Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Indianapolis
OK so I bought a Logitech Revue for my 622 and I didn't realize I had to use the HDMI connection for it to work right and of course it being a 622 the HDMI output quit working years ago.

So I ordered a new 722k and since day one the screen randomly freezes. It has done it on several channels, tonight it has done it twice on the History Channel but can't say that I have noticed it on an OTA channel. I can clear it by changing the channel or by disconnected the cable for a second.

The old 622 never did this installed in the same spot and I have 2 - 211k's that don't act up.

Anybody else had this issue?

See the 622/722 running bug thread. Many people have had problems - some heat related, some software related (mostly fixed now).

My personal one was due to installing the 722 with a coax home run to Sat1 input & Sat2 input, rather than having a separator split the feed to each, and I also had problems caused by the coax routing of my OTA antenna.

By finally installing the separator, re-routing the OTA coax, and verifying the OTA ground, my picture freezing/random re-booting LESSENED, then went away completely after a software update. i also ended up taking the glass out of my cabinet just to be safe.

These receivers do a LOT of things, and as such can be fussy from electrical interference and heat. They also originally had buggy software, which has gotten a lots better over time.

See the 622/722 running bug thread. Many people have had problems - some heat related, some software related (mostly fixed now).

My personal one was due to installing the 722 with a coax home run to Sat1 input & Sat2 input, rather than having a separator split the feed to each, and I also had problems caused by the coax routing of my OTA antenna.

By finally installing the separator, re-routing the OTA coax, and verifying the OTA ground, my picture freezing/random re-booting LESSENED, then went away completely after a software update. i also ended up taking the glass out of my cabinet just to be safe.

These receivers do a LOT of things, and as such can be fussy from electrical interference and heat. They also originally had buggy software, which has gotten a lots better over time.

thanks for the info, i had suspected that it was heat related even though its on an open shelf. I set a small cooling fan next to it and i haven't had it freeze yet today. I'm still using a 34 switch and it is only 2 feet away, so i'm not using the splitter. I also haven't had any reboots or screen messages. With the fall shows about to start up i need to get this solved or i will be in big trouble..lol

ok the fan did not help, I'm watching Futurama and it has froze 3 times so far....quick channel up and down clears it. if i had been recording this i would have had 5 minutes of show and 25 minutes of a frozen screen. I also just seen that the program guide isn't updating.
I just hate trying to call dish and explain this....uggg, makes my head hurt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)