722k stuck on fast forward

my2k2zx2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
It started last night and we cant seem to figur out what to do. No matter what we do, it's stuck on fast forward. Loading something up on the dvr just blasts through it. at 300x speed. We can only watch live tv.

We've rebooted, unplugged, took all the batteries out of the remote.

Not sure what we can do to get the receiver back working properly.

It started last night and we cant seem to figur out what to do. No matter what we do, it's stuck on fast forward. Loading something up on the dvr just blasts through it. at 300x speed. We can only watch live tv.

We've rebooted, unplugged, took all the batteries out of the remote.

Not sure what we can do to get the receiver back working properly.

How did you "reboot"? Have you tried a power-cord pull, and leave off for several minutes reboot?

You sure there isn't a second UHF remote somewhere nearby with a stuck button? Or do you have another device programmed to control the Dish receiver?

I'd try it under Dual Mode, see if the problem is with just one tuner or find the UHF remote and assuming a button isn't stuck, change the address to a different number to rule out interference.

We have 3 Dish remotes, I removed the batteries in all 3. That's all the remotes we have. I rebooted by unplugging the receiver for a minute before plugging back in. I'll try changing the remote channel when I get back home.

Ok, I unplugged the remote antenna and the auto fast forward stopped. I changed the remote uhf channel and updated the remotes to the new channel and it worked for a couple hours and went crazy again.

I've now taken the batteries out of 2 of the remotes and changed the uhf channel on just one remote. So far it's working properly. Will give it a day before I add a 2nd remote and see if the issue comes back.

Well, it's back to auto fast forwarding. No matter what channel I put it on or remote I put batteries in, it's doing it every time. I find it hard to believe that all 3 remotes have stuck buttons at the exact time time. It's only useable when I unplug the antenna now.
I guess we can only use it now in IR mode now?
Any more suggestions or is it a possibility that the receiver is starting to fail?

Well, it's back to auto fast forwarding. No matter what channel I put it on or remote I put batteries in, it's doing it every time. I find it hard to believe that all 3 remotes have stuck buttons at the exact time time. It's only useable when I unplug the antenna now.
Any more suggestions or is it a possibility that the receiver is starting to fail?
The antenna could be picking up some kind of interference. Try adding an attenuator, and see if that helps.

Reactions: TheKrell
Might have tried this already but what happens if there are no batteries in any of the UHF remotes while the antenna is still attached?

Does this allow regular use of the receiver with the IR remote with no F-FWD prob?

Weird because 300x requires multiple key presses not just holding the F-FWD. Plus any stuck button would still light up the SAT button.

Reactions: TheKrell
Might have tried this already but what happens if there are no batteries in any of the UHF remotes while the antenna is still attached?

Does this allow regular use of the receiver with the IR remote with no F-FWD prob?

Weird because 300x requires multiple key presses not just holding the F-FWD. Plus any stuck button would still light up the SAT button.

No batteries in the remotes with the antenna on the receiver does fast forward. The receiver worked fine over the weekend.

No batteries in the remotes with the antenna on the receiver does fast forward. The receiver worked fine over the weekend.
That is why I suggested that it might be interference. It seems obvious that the antenna is picking up something that the receiver is interpreting as a fast-forward command. The key is to find the source of the interference and see if it can be eliminated or filtered out.

That is why I suggested that it might be interference. It seems obvious that the antenna is picking up something that the receiver is interpreting as a fast-forward command. The key is to find the source of the interference and see if it can be eliminated or filtered out.

I'm not sure where to begin to find the source. We haven't added anything electronic to the house.

Take the top off the receiver, it's just a few screws. Unpop the clips on the front panel, and UNPLUG the front panel push buttons wire from the receiver. See if that fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)