722K that DISH did not want back...after account cancellation

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
When I cancelled my DISH account 6 or so months ago, DISH only wanted me to return TWO of my receivers (622 and 211) - I am not sure why, but I asked them several times (chat and phone) if they wanted the third receiver back - but they had no record of it and did not want back....That's the 722 receiver...Any ideas on what I can do - Is it OK to sell on CL or EBay?

It's wierd that when I did have the service - DISH used to charge me extra fees for the HD recv'r...but had no records for return! With my initial contract, I had received the 622 and 211 - and later on added the 722 - so I wonder, if that caused some of the confusion.

Since my account is no longer active - how can I be 100% sure that DISH won't come back some time from now and ask for it?

Thanks

Call up Dish and tell them you want to buy a receiver off of ebay and you have the serial number and smartcard number and you want to be sure that it is free of charges before buying. They will be able to tell you what the receiver status is.

Do you remember what you paid for your 722/install? It could be that you bought it outright if you had too many boxes.

If they tell you the box is free of charges and can be bought then you know you must have bought it and can sell on ebay if you like, or use again if you want to come back to Dish.

That is actually a really good idea by mike! I wouldn't have thought of it, but it is very smart. I too would be worried they would come back for it later, but that seems like a good way to check it out.

Why would someone buy from eBay or CL? Don't you have to pay DVR fees regardless of whether it is owned or leased?

Some people don't like to be locked into contracts. Some people have reached the maximum number of leased receivers from Dish, but still want more. Some poeple just like to own stuff. They sell every day on Ebay.

Or if you just subscribed, and dish wont allow a dishn it up, they have to buy a rcvr.

yeah, id call. great idea. -and call from a number that is NOT associated with your (old) account

When I cancelled my DISH account 6 or so months ago, DISH only wanted me to return TWO of my receivers (622 and 211) - I am not sure why, but I asked them several times (chat and phone) if they wanted the third receiver back - but they had no record of it and did not want back....That's the 722 receiver...Any ideas on what I can do - Is it OK to sell on CL or EBay?

It's wierd that when I did have the service - DISH used to charge me extra fees for the HD recv'r...but had no records for return! With my initial contract, I had received the 622 and 211 - and later on added the 722 - so I wonder, if that caused some of the confusion.

Since my account is no longer active - how can I be 100% sure that DISH won't come back some time from now and ask for it?

Thanks

It most likely shows as a purchased receiver on the account (if it wasn't purchased, there would be a charge for unreturned equipment). If you want to PM the receiver and Smartcard numbers, I'll make sure it's ok to sell.

The most logical explanation is that somehow the leased receiver got tagged as a purchased received by accident.

It's the same problem we have with customers buying owned receivers that get tagged as leased.

If it makes you feel better, call dish and get an address, box it up and ship it back to them. They make you pay for return shipping anyways even if you use their label.

The other option is to sell it on eBay, but your taking the chance of having to pay for it someday

It most likely shows as a purchased receiver on the account (if it wasn't purchased, there would be a charge for unreturned equipment). If you want to PM the receiver and Smartcard numbers, I'll make sure it's ok to sell.
Matt, if you have channels to report stuff like this back up the chain at Dish ... I'd ask it be pointed out ... because the OP could have been told by the first person they contacted at Dish (ie. they looked up the ID's and told the OP then what they found) ... thus reducing additional support resources used. Kind of my way to say.. I hope that there is a good deal of feedback going INTO dish so that their own support can be made better. Great to have Dish Reps here, but honestly if dish isn't learning as a result, then that would be insanity defined. (ie repeating their mistakes over and over again)

Call up Dish and tell them you want to buy a receiver off of ebay and you have the serial number and smartcard number and you want to be sure that it is free of charges before buying. They will be able to tell you what the receiver status is.

Do you remember what you paid for your 722/install? It could be that you bought it outright if you had too many boxes.

If they tell you the box is free of charges and can be bought then you know you must have bought it and can sell on ebay if you like, or use again if you want to come back to Dish.

OK - I called and they looked it up and said, it's clear of all charges...

Matt - It says the following:

MattG@ DISH NETWORK has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Maybe you can PM me and I can respond back. Thanks

Matt - It says the following:

MattG@ DISH NETWORK has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Maybe you can PM me and I can respond back. Thanks

I believe Matt is on vacation this week. This appeared under his name when he posted last.
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
DISH Network Customer Service
Sunday-Thursday 2:45p-11:15p (MST)
I will be out of the office starting Monday 2/14, and will be returning Sunday 2/27. Please utilize our other DISH reps during this time if you need anything.

Matt is on vacation, but I can help out. PM me receiver and smartcard numbers and I will have a look. This is just checking status on the receiver and making sure you can sell it right?

Yes. Please do PM the Dish Agents here the receiver and smartcard numbers so that they could check if your receiver is tagged whether it's purchased or leased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts