722k tuner preference changes on its own.

Midas42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
IL
I have a customer who I installed for last week who claims that his DVR is changing its priority on its own. He sets it to record his shows on #1 and when he gets up in the morning, it has changed all his shows to #2. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this or if he just has a faulty unit?

I have a customer who I installed for last week who claims that his DVR is changing its priority on its own. He sets it to record his shows on #1 and when he gets up in the morning, it has changed all his shows to #2. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this or if he just has a faulty unit?

Tuner 2 is always used first.

The default tuner is selectable and will remain so in Dual mode--not sure. I always use Single mode, and it switches them to best accommodate the schedule. For Single viewing a Swap will change tuners. So adding a new show may change the recording tuner selections. Sometimes it even says there is a conflict but you come back and it has resolved it. (In dual mode check Menu+8+5.) Always check the Menu+7 Daily Schedule for new conflicts. Also to avoid recordings conflicting with the daily reset.
-Ken

Record Plus must be enabled before either TV is set for default in dual mode.

The customer most likely has Record Plus enabled. If he/she doesn't want all recordings going to TV2, then change its preference to TV1 or just disable it. (Menu-Preferences-Record Plus)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)