Is this true about 72.7?

bantonb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Florida
I read the following on another website. Is it true?

"Dish is going to make some major changes on their eastern ark satellites 61.5w and 72.7w in the next few weeks, customers using the western ark 119w, 110w and 129w are NOT affected.

In short, rough words here is what they are going to do, moving basically all the HD’s from 61.5w to 72.7w and all the SD’s from 72.7w to 61.5w."

Hit there, bantonb! I caught your post regarding possible changes to our satellite orbital slots. Currently, we’re in the process of removing all HD Core, HD Premium, HD PPV, and HD VOD channels from orbital location 61.5. This effort is being done to streamline our business process and enhance our HD offerings. All these HD channels are already simulcast at orbital locations 129 and 72. Please keep in mind that the HD local channels at 61.5 are not affected and will not be removed or migrated at this time.

Hope that helps!

Yes, HD is being moved from 61.5 to 72.7 & SD & being moved from 72.7 to 61.5. This move is because there is more room on 72.7, so it makes more sense to have the HD National channels on that slot, where there is more room.

Regarding HD Premiums

Hit there, bantonb! I caught your post regarding possible changes to our satellite orbital slots. Currently, we’re in the process of removing all HD Core, HD Premium, HD PPV, and HD VOD channels from orbital location 61.5. This effort is being done to streamline our business process and enhance our HD offerings. All these HD channels are already simulcast at orbital locations 129 and 72. Please keep in mind that the HD local channels at 61.5 are not affected and will not be removed or migrated at this time.

Hope that helps!

Hi Mike, the footprint of 72 and 129 doesn't reach Puerto Rico, how PR subscribers are going to receive the HD premiums?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)