722k w/ s.d. only tv's

digidss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
south lyon michigan
I just Installed my 1st 722k receiver today.
I am located in detroit so we install Eastern Arc w/ mpeg 4 equipment only.
This customer did not have an H.D TV set, Nor did they sub to H.D. programming.
Here is the problem im seeing.
The local detroit networks, ( abc/nbc/fox and cbs ) when showing H.D content does not fix the 3x4 tv screen. when trying to press the Format button ( bottem left on remote) the picture does not change aspect ratio. Ive tried using the video output and the modulated output ( modulated on air 60 ) still the same, it will not change. Also the channel 3/4 output for tuner 1 is not highlited, so I can not select it.

Any information on ths bug ??

Thanks, Jim

i install in green bay with the Eastern Arc and have the same problem. the aspect ration will not change this. Explain to the customer their going to have this problem until there is a dish fix, or until they get a HD tv. I did see a memo once saying dish was aware of the problem, but i'm not sure if that's true. Try to use the OTA to see if this changes, which might be in option, one i haven't tried yet Depending on your birds you use there, you might be able to modify to SD with a wing dish.

It's like garys said above. Change the basic aspect setting thru the menu - not via the * button on the remote.

I'm temporarily driving a SD CRT via 722, found I had to use 4x3 #2 setting & all works fine on the SD set.

What really disturbs me is that we apparently have installers out there telling customers that it requires a "dish fix" to correct what is actually their own lack of knowledge about setting up the receiver for this special situation.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that ive tried all the different setting!
3x4 (1,) 3x4 (2) 480I/480p 720.... It doesent make any difference.

It will not change the aspect ratio using the video output or the R.F. output.

Remember this is a 722 K Not a 722. With the old 722,I was able to do what Cold Irons and Garys said. I think this is defentlay a bug in the 722k does any one have a solution?????

Have you installed a 722k yet Cold Irons??

Thanks Jim.

Maybe cold irons doesn't understand the problem here. The settings thru the box will not change this at all. I've also noticed this on a 612 as well.

Switching from dual to single mode and then back is a fix for the 222k. Its was faxed to me as a service bullitin from dish. I dont think they have corrected that problem yet.
It dosent work for the 722k. Ive tried it.
Nothing I have tried will change the aspect ratio on the video or R.F outputs for tv1

im wondering why the 3/4 output is grayed out.

you should visit the installer zone portion of the website, if you haven't yet.

guys - its a known issue with the receivers - the only fix right now is to switch modes just like what was said. And yes you do have to do it everyday. They say they are aware of it and working on the problem and will fix it "soon" At least that's what the tech memo said

guys - its a known issue with the receivers - the only fix right now is to switch modes just like what was said. And yes you do have to do it everyday. They say they are aware of it and working on the problem and will fix it "soon" At least that's what the tech memo said
ftoutloff...
do you know where dish posts the known receiver issues, as they find them?
i've tried searching the tech portal but couldnt find the known issues list.

I don't think they do post them externally. I think "known issues" only go out to CSRs and some go to techs.

yeah, i can ask for them till im blue in the face
oh well...
when i used to get the printouts they were pretty handy.

Caller ID Works but Call Out does not

No signal from HDMI output on 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)