722K: Why doesn't the guide start up on the channel I am watching?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MrPink

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2009
SoCal
This makes me absolutely crazy. The guide does not always start on the channel being viewed. Let's suppose I turn my 722K on after some random period of time (usually overnight), and it's currently tuned to a local. When I press guide, it does NOT display what's being viewed. It's always off somewhere else. This week, it seems to be CSPAN, but other times it's somewhere else in the hinterlands. To get anywhere near where I am actually tuned, I have to page and page, and page some more.

Now, it doesn't always do this. For instance, it will come up on the tuned channel after a power-off, but that's usually in the near term. Overnight? Never.

This drives me batty. WTF doesn't it start on the channel the DVR is displaying? Anyone else have this trouble? Anyone have a fix?

Does it only fail to do that from OTA channels for you?

Of course, if your currently selected guide does not include the channel it will the next up/down, don't remember which.
-Ken

I think he is talking about when he watches a DVR event.

When you are watching a DVR event and hit guide, it does not start on the channel the event was recorded from.

If you are watching live tv, it always starts on the channel you are viewing.

Make sure you are currently in a favorites list that has the current channel being watched included in the list.

Not the problem. Mine will do this with the all channels list. As MrPink said not all the time, but some of the time. I think it may be a software prob. It gets on my nerves also. A hard reset will solve the problem, but a few days later its back. Happened to me last night. 722k worked great for a year before this showed up. Different channel each time.

I think he is talking about when he watches a DVR event.

When you are watching a DVR event and hit guide, it does not start on the channel the event was recorded from.

If you are watching live tv, it always starts on the channel you are viewing.

No, it does not. You can be watching live tv with nothing recording and the guide will not popup to the channel you are watching.

My guide will not display the channel I'm watching if it is not part of the current favorites list I'm in. I need to select all or all subscribed to get the guide to work normally. It's an annoying side effect of the favorites feature from what I can tell.

I have one single list that includes all the channels I watch, a subset of the subscribed channels I get. I just turned this thing on, it's tuned to a Los Angeles local (which is in the guide list), and sure as heck, pressing Guide starts at CSPAN. If I navigate to the channel I am tuned to and select it, the guide will show that channel upon the next call up. But if I shut this thing off overnight and come back, the next time I press guide, it will be at CSPAN again.

I wonder if this is related to it tuning around to record the various programs while it's doing its DVR tasks?

I suppose I could call Dish, but the support there hasn't impressed me very much. It's good to know that others have the issue as well.

dishquality

I have one single list that includes all the channels I watch, a subset of the subscribed channels I get. I just turned this thing on, it's tuned to a Los Angeles local (which is in the guide list), and sure as heck, pressing Guide starts at CSPAN. If I navigate to the channel I am tuned to and select it, the guide will show that channel upon the next call up. But if I shut this thing off overnight and come back, the next time I press guide, it will be at CSPAN again.

I wonder if this is related to it tuning around to record the various programs while it's doing its DVR tasks?

I suppose I could call Dish, but the support there hasn't impressed me very much. It's good to know that others have the issue as well.

It would be better if you emailed dishquality@dishnetwork.com

Hey, that's a great idea. I have some usability issues that I'd love to throw at them as well- stupid things this receiver does that make no sense at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts