722K with both 500 & 1000.4 ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheBucks

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Southeastern PA
We recently upgraded our home to (2) 722K's & a 1000.4 dish. We have the old 500 dish & a place at the beach. I've read in other posts that this receiver can work with the older 500 dish but obviously only in standard definition. My question is.....can I take one of my receivers with me to the beach & connect it to the 500 dish while I'm there on the weekend & then back to the 1000.4 at home on Monday without much trouble, or will this require alot of B.S. & should I just purchase another 1000.4 dish ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

We recently upgraded our home to (2) 722K's & a 1000.4 dish. We have the old 500 dish & a place at the beach. I've read in other posts that this receiver can work with the older 500 dish but obviously only in standard definition. My question is.....can I take one of my receivers with me to the beach & connect it to the 500 dish while I'm there on the weekend & then back to the 1000.4 at home on Monday without much trouble, or will this require alot of B.S. & should I just purchase another 1000.4 dish ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

Whenever you take it to the home that has the 500 on it, you will need to connect the receiver, and run a check switch test. Do you know if the 500 has a DPP LNB so you only have to run 1 line to the 722k?

Pretty much, you'll have to run a check switch test whenever you take the receiver from your normal home to the beach home, and vice versa

I'm pretty new to this so I'm not up on the names of the parts. I'm pretty sure I have the DPP LNB. It's one piece & has 2 connections on the 119W side & 1 connection on the 110W side.
Can you explain how to run a check switch test, show me a diagram of how to connect it to the 500 & tell me how to aim the 500 ?

You can run a check switch by pressing menu-6-1-1-check switch-test. This updates the satellites the receiver is currently connected to.

Assuming the LNB on the 500 is DPP, you only need to run one line to the receiver, using the DPP seperator

For dish pointing angles, I would recommend using dishpointer.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)