722's on Back-order!

Could just buy a DP34 and another Dish 500 off ebay or from one of the supporters here like DishStore. Depends on how bad you want it and how bad you dislike the pro install. As it goes, I have no interest at all in Pro Installs, so thats what I did.

I'd not go to D* under any situation, especially after the running through the muck they caused here a few years ago. Besides, E* has more HD today, and ultimately I think that matters more than the sunshine and farts that D* is trying to blow about their 'HD capacity'.

HD Capacity is air, effectively. They can keep advertising air, while E* has actual channels.

Who knows about tomorrow, but I'm more interested in today, especially when agreeing to contracts... :)

I was scheduled for an install last Saturday, 8/25/07. No one showed or called. I called and found it was rescheduled for Wednesday August 29(yesterday). I was told that it was canceled because of a shortage of 722s...
This is simply unprofessional and unacceptable. Why do you people put up with this behavior?

If Dish is going to cancel your appointment, they have an obligation to inform you before the date of the cancelled appointment.

The fact that you people don't complain about this behavior allows them to continue this crap with impunity.

I ordered 2 VIP211s and a VIP722 for delivery. The 2 VIP211s came UPS Ground from Denver (6 business days!) but no 722. I called CS twice and asked both CSRs (overseas ones) where it could be, and if they had a tracking number. They weren't helpful, wouldn't escalate me to someone who did know, etc.

I called back the 3rd time to activate the 2nd VIP211 (Dish CS online was down) and finally someone domestic answered. He went through a ton of things, and said that he found out they intended to schedule an install, even after Exec Relations said I didn't need one. He also said that my 722 was backordered. He tried to make adjustments and then said I should stay on the line to go to some automated thing to lock in my request. Unfortunately, I was disconnected.

I e-mailed ceo@ again. Mark from Exec Relations called me and said that the install was scheduled for Sept 22nd, LONG time away. He also said obviously I knew what I was doing and had the stuff I needed (2 DP34s chained together, 61.5 and 110/119 dishes), so they would overnight me a 722 and cancel the install. Apparently they were 'on backorder' but now aren't.

We'll see if the 722 shows up tomorrow. It would've shipped today since they called me Tuesday in the evening. They've already billed me for it.

Its not dish canceling the instal, its the local installer who is calling the customer and is rescheduling them. :(
Doesn't matter. Someone (Dish and/or their affiliate) has a responsibility to call the customer to cancel an appointment. It's common curtesy.

There's no excuse for such behavior. Someone needs to be held accountable. If customers don't complain about being stood up in this manner, nothing will change and we can expect to keep getting crapped on like this.

Then blame the individual installer for not contacting someone. Not all installers suck, but there are certainly some that ruin it for the rest.

Some installers actually do care about the customers. :)

Its really a crap shoot,

Some dealers and DNS sites are stock piled with 622's. They want to get rid of them first before installing any 722's.

I believe this is what we are seeing here.

Its not that they are backordered (I just talked to a friend in the Atlanta warehouse and they got lots of them) its that your local install company wants to get rid of the inventory they have before bringing new products in.

I'd pick one up if they blew them out 1/2 price.

You know, to help them out. :)

Then blame the individual installer for not contacting someone. Not all installers suck, but there are certainly some that ruin it for the rest.

Some installers actually do care about the customers. :)
In this thread, there are 2 instances of customers being stood up for appointments. Neither poster indicated any upset at being stood up.

Makes me wonder who is to blame -- the installer who has no common curtesy or the customer who lacks the self-respect to complain, or even be upset, about it.

I had the installer show up with a 622 and not give a new appointment date.

I was not happy about it. I complained and cancelled the order.

You can't pick your installer.

If there's no receivers, they shouldn't schedule the appointment.

Last edited:
I don't like pro install because:

A> I can do it myself.
B> I can do it myself.
C> I don't want to wait for them.
D> I can do it myself.
and lastly...
E> I don't want to wait for them.

:D

Ordered a 722 upgrade two weeks ago. The first time they scheduled an install saying a service tech was rquired, but then they blew off the appointment. After that, they agreed to simply ship the 722 which was supposed to arrive last week, but still no show. So I called back today, and now they are telling me the 722 has been on backorder since 8/25 and they have no idea when they will be able to resume shipments again. CSR I spoke to was very apologetic and polite, but I was curiuos if anyone else is hearing this too.
We're getting them..And they fly right out the door..

Hey jborchel . . . I got the same automated phone call, confirming the appointment, asking me to be home between 8am and noon, have space available behind the TV, etc. They never showed. When I called Dish later, they explained the appointment had been cancelled days before because of a "resource issue". I think the automated confirming phone call is just that, automated and happens no matter what. I think I have also learned if you want to know for sure something is going to happen, you have to call tech. support. Even though it is not a tech. support issue, they at least know what is going on. Customer service will just read what is on their computer screen.

Good luck! Still think there's a good chance they show, but you never know for sure.
yes it's automated..and ya know what Dish ahs a policy that we techs are prohibited form precalling the customers...Guess what?..Way more missed appointments, wrong work orders and pissed off customers..Dish took away personal contact between the techs and the customers...Why?...Because some friggin genius thought TWO phone calls could be annoying..We were doing fine doing our own call aheads..I got many screw-ups straightened out and made many customers happy..Now I'm f'ed...Thanks Dish

..and ya know what Dish ahs a policy that we techs are prohibited form precalling the customers...Guess what?..Way more missed appointments, wrong work orders and pissed off customers..Dish took away personal contact between the techs and the customers...Why?...Because some friggin genius thought TWO phone calls could be annoying..We were doing fine doing our own call aheads..I got many screw-ups straightened out and made many customers happy..Now I'm f'ed...Thanks Dish
Very interesting. That puts some, if not all, of the blame back on Dish, doesn't it?

In this thread, there are 2 instances of customers being stood up for appointments. Neither poster indicated any upset at being stood up.

Makes me wonder who is to blame -- the installer who has no common curtesy or the customer who lacks the self-respect to complain, or even be upset, about it.

I would have been very upset if I had taken off from work when this happened but I purposely set it up for a Saturday morning when I was off from work. I had the for-sight to call a service representative at about 10 AM to verify install. That is when I found out. Not much of an inconvenience. The service representative said that when she makes the appointment for the install of the 722 she always advises that the appointment may be canceled because of unavailability of the 722. She also asked for a backup phone number to put in their records. I gave her my cell number in addition to the home phone number. I have not been keeping my answering machine on. It is possible someone called earlier in the week. But I did a check of caller ID's and no one appeared to have called (only a few calls from friends and family).

I don't like pro install because:

A> I can do it myself.
B> I can do it myself.
C> I don't want to wait for them.
D> I can do it myself.
and lastly...
E> I don't want to wait for them.

:D

I feel the same way so I asked for my 722 to be shipped directly to me. I was told this wasn't possible so I asked for a supervisor. After a few moments I was told it WAS possible and I'd have the new receiver in two weeks. I'd have to listen to the contract on the phone and use the keypad to indicate acceptance of the contract. It felts like five minutes of legalese pretty much stating that I the box still wasn't mine to keep and I had to keep subscribing to Dish. No problem.

Now it's two weeks later and there is no 722 in sight. If it's on backorder without any notification I'm going to be rather peeved.

I would have been very upset if I had taken off from work when this happened but I purposely set it up for a Saturday morning when I was off from work. I had the for-sight to call a service representative at about 10 AM to verify install. That is when I found out. Not much of an inconvenience. The service representative said that when she makes the appointment for the install of the 722 she always advises that the appointment may be canceled because of unavailability of the 722. She also asked for a backup phone number to put in their records. I gave her my cell number in addition to the home phone number. I have not been keeping my answering machine on. It is possible someone called earlier in the week. But I did a check of caller ID's and no one appeared to have called (only a few calls from friends and family).
I give all my customers a heads up call. This establishes my ETA and allows time fo rthe customer to ask any questions about their install and make sure the work order is correct...But I am not permitted to do this the night before..amkes a big difference...Same day calls are finew but if the appointment is going to be missed becuase of EQ issues the damage is already done.

I feel the same way so I asked for my 722 to be shipped directly to me. I was told this wasn't possible so I asked for a supervisor. After a few moments I was told it WAS possible and I'd have the new receiver in two weeks. I'd have to listen to the contract on the phone and use the keypad to indicate acceptance of the contract. It felts like five minutes of legalese pretty much stating that I the box still wasn't mine to keep and I had to keep subscribing to Dish. No problem.

Now it's two weeks later and there is no 722 in sight. If it's on backorder without any notification I'm going to be rather peeved.
Call Dish and find out...Due dilligence...

I bought an additional HDTV last week. I called Dish on Sunday to order a new receiver. I Dished-it-up from a 322 to a 722.

I asked if it would be faster to have it shipped or installed. The CSR said installed. We set the appointment for today.

The Dish Network technician (not a contractor) came out this morning and got it hooked up in 5 minutes. He said that they have one 622 in stock, and everything else they have is 722's.

It works great. Has the 4.43 software.

I bought an additional HDTV last week. I called Dish on Sunday to order a new receiver. I Dished-it-up from a 322 to a 722.

I asked if it would be faster to have it shipped or installed. The CSR said installed. We set the appointment for today.

The Dish Network technician (not a contractor) came out this morning and got it hooked up in 5 minutes. He said that they have one 622 in stock, and everything else they have is 722's.

It works great. Has the 4.43 software.
Good..Keep us posted if there are any hiccups on the 722...So far we haven't had a lot of luck with them..Lots of download and signal aquisition issues..
BTW...What difference would it have made if the tech was a Dish tech or a contractor tech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts