722vip partial signal loss message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

budhead151

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I have a 722vip with ota module. I keep getting the " partial signal loss message " when watching satellite programs. It started when my preamp died after 3 years. The same model replacement lasted 5 days, the second replacement did not work at all as well as two other different model preamps.
I know I'm supposed to remove the poor reception channels but some days the distant channels come in without the preamp. Some days even the close channels will go from 82 to 0 and lose the signal without the preamp as the antenna is pointed toward the distant channels.

So my questions are
Could the ota module be bad?
If I upgrade to the Hopper will I still get the " partial signal loss message" ?
My bill now is $93.31 AT250 plus DVR service. What would the Hopper cost me for two tv's one HD and one a standard def CRT?

btw I've been with Dish since August 1997

It could be the OTA adapter. I have no way of knowing if it would continue on a Hopper because I don’t know the exact issue.

The Hopper system is HD only, it has no cable outputs for TV, but the system does have RCA jacks for standard definition televisions. For a two TV set up you would see a $5 increase in the DVR fee and a $7 fee for the Joey for the second TV for a total increase of $12 monthly on the base price.

You can send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code on the account and we can see about getting another OTA adapter to you so you can see if that is the problem. I can also get you exact quotes on monthly rate with a Hopper and see if any promotions are available.