75 ohm terminator

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I had a 2 hopper 1 joey system installed over the weekend. I was looking at some diagrams, and I keep noticing that it says to use a 75 ohm terminator in the unused ports. I have a duo node, so the only unused port would be 1 joey port. Do you think I should get a terminator for the joey port, or just leave it open? Thanks for the help.

s10zr2 said:
I had a 2 hopper 1 joey system installed over the weekend. I was looking at some diagrams, and I keep noticing that it says to use a 75 ohm terminator in the unused ports. I have a duo node, so the only unused port would be 1 joey port. Do you think I should get a terminator for the joey port, or just leave it open? Thanks for the help.

Yes it should be terminated to prevent RF leakage from the system. As well as terminate any extra ports on any splitters.

Last edited:
Yes it should be terminated to prevent RF leakage from the system. As well as terminate any extra ports on any splitters.

I wonder if we should terminate the third feed port on the 1000.2 LNBF if we are only using two of them (solo node)?