771 Driving me nuts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hydroshock

Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
After reading a little bit, I was reading that the HD channels are mostly delivered on 99(c).

I did recently have an installer here because we had a 2nd dish put up for international channels, but ever since about the time he was here was when the 771 problem came about. I did notice the signal strengths on the 99(c) were lower than the others though.

1-8 80 82 82 83 77 83 79 83
9-16 77 84 80 83 82 86 -- --

Where as 101 would be in the mid 90's

There are 4 receivers, 1HD, 1DVR and 2 standard.

I'm not sure what I should check before just calling an installer back out to fix it, I don't know if may have been something the installer did when he added the 2nd dish or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

After reading a little bit, I was reading that the HD channels are mostly delivered on 99(c).

I did recently have an installer here because we had a 2nd dish put up for international channels, but ever since about the time he was here was when the 771 problem came about. I did notice the signal strengths on the 99(c) were lower than the others though.

1-8 80 82 82 83 77 83 79 83
9-16 77 84 80 83 82 86 -- --

Where as 101 would be in the mid 90's

There are 4 receivers, 1HD, 1DVR and 2 standard.

I'm not sure what I should check before just calling an installer back out to fix it, I don't know if may have been something the installer did when he added the 2nd dish or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like you may need to try and increase your signal strength.

If you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, call DTV and ask for someone to come out.

I wouldn't call the installer as my installer did the least amount of work possible to just get a picture on the TV.

Make sure you also can get the 103satellite as half of the HD channels come from that location also. It could be you are not getting 103 and that is why you get your 771 message when you turn to a channel that is coming from 103.

Well i'm GETTING all the channels, the 771 will just keep popping up for a second every few seconds for a few minutes, but then goes away for awhile. Happens a few times a day though.

103s is giving me all 0's
103c is giving me all 85±3ish

Well i'm GETTING all the channels, the 771 will just keep popping up for a second every few seconds for a few minutes, but then goes away for awhile. Happens a few times a day though.

103s is giving me all 0's
103c is giving me all 85±3ish

What type of setup do you have as far as LNB's and switches?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)