771 error for ota on AM21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
Starting yesterday(that I noticed), I can't get KWWL-DT my NBC station on my AM21. Friends were getting fine, and signal looked goog for them.

Is is possible the Directv could have changed something that would cause me to loose the station? Wrong data?

I wish they would just use scanning instead of entering a zip code.

No, that's just a loss of signal error where your AM-21 is no longer receiving a strong enough signal to tune that station in. You can try re-aligning your antenna to capture all your favorite channels, add a pre-amp to the UHF antenna, add a distribution amp to the OTA system or just live with an intermittent signal on that channel. Before I boosted my UHF signals across the board using a pre-amp I had many channels that would work at certain times of the day & fail at others as well as work in the summer but not in the winter.

edit: Having said the above the AM-21 uses a database of stations across the country (they don't allow the AM-21 to scan for all local channels) & if your particular channel wasn't in the database it would never show up in the guide to begin with. In this case, you can contact DirecTV &/or the local station & see that the channel gets added to the database.

I heard from another directv customer in my dma and he's getting just fine. I do have signal again tonight but not real strong. I don't think my antenna moved, but I'm not going to check either. This station is planning to shut off analog on 2/17 no matter what. It goes from UHF to VHF and moves up higher on the tower. I can rely on the sat feed of this channel until then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)