Status
Please reply by conversation.

LuRcH1080i

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Manteca,CA
Ok,

I know there have been a alot of these threads. Sorry, I am just trying to find an answer myself.

Well I upgraded 6 months ago, received the HR20-700 worked great, around a week ago was recieving the signals to confirm ready for NEW HD Channels. I have the BBC on both (correctly installed). When NEW channels were released I only was getting (11) of the NEW (21) Channels. Now on the 11 I get the "Searching for Sat....771" error. At first I remember that the installer left behind a Multi-Switch. So I went and got that out of the garage, I noticed it was the Zenwell WB68, I knew from the requirements that it needed to be installed. Now this was after the Channels were release so I suspected that was the problem.

Soooo, I installed the Zenwell, still no fix. Tried Reboots, swapped BBCs (just the two I have on) with each other. No difference. When I do a Sat Signal test on 103b
I get 85s on just the even numbers NOT the odd numbers, wether it is Tuner 1 or 2.

I run through the System Test procedure and I get Tuner1 Ok, aquired 98% and Tuner2 OK,aquired 97%.

Now when I go through the Dish Setup, Dish Type: 5lnb, ....to the end I get these readings when done confirming:
Tuner1 OK
Tuner2 OK
Sat 101 OK
Sat110 OK
Sat119 Failed
Sat99b Failed
Sat103a OK
Sat103b Failed

And error summary says: -Your dish type is set to 5 LNB Multi-Sat, but the recorder detected three satallites.

Thats it, if anyone can give me any suggetions...thanks in advanced. And the only thing that I havent checked is the physical connections on the roof yet.

Last edited:
Get the installer back out out to your house. sounds like your dish isn't aligned properly you should be getting signal on 119 and 103b

Ok,

I know there have been a alot of these threads. Sorry, I am just trying to find an answer myself.

Well I upgraded 6 months ago, received the HR20-700 worked great, around a week ago was recieving the signals to confirm ready for NEW HD Channels. I have the BBC on both (correctly installed). When NEW channels were released I only was getting (11) of the NEW (21) Channels. Now on the 11 I get the "Searching for Sat....771" error. At first I remember that the installer left behind a Multi-Switch. So I went and got that out of the garage, I noticed it was the Zenwell WB68, I knew from the requirements that it needed to be installed. Now this was after the Channels were release so I suspected that was the problem.

Soooo, I installed the Zenwell, still no fix. Tried Reboots, swapped BBCs (just the two I have on) with each other. No difference. When I do a Sat Signal test on 103b
I get 85s on just the even numbers NOT the odd numbers, wether it is Tuner 1 or 2.

I run through the System Test procedure and I get Tuner1 Ok, aquired 98% and Tuner2 OK,aquired 97%.

Now when I go through the Dish Setup, Dish Type: 5lnb, ....to the end I get these readings when done confirming:
Tuner1 OK
Tuner2 OK
Sat 101 OK
Sat110 OK
Sat119 Failed
Sat99b Failed
Sat103a OK
Sat103b Failed

And error summary says: -Your dish type is set to 5 LNB Multi-Sat, but the recorder detected three satallites.

Thats it, if anyone can give me any suggetions...thanks in advanced. And the only thing that I havent checked is the physical connections on the roof yet.

Did you see my post in the "If you are having trouble..." section of the DirecTV forum. I too was unable to get the odd channels only the even. Once I disconnected two lines from the multi-switch and connected them directly I got perfect signals readings on all sats & transponders.

Well I guess I could give that a try. As of now I only have 3 boxes including the HR20 in the house, however I plan to add one other D10 so I will eventually need to use the Multi-Switch right? Does it matter what cables I use to go directly to the HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts