772K EPG only downloading 48 hrs

DataWave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I have a 722k, and the other day we noticed the guide was only advancing up to 48 hours instead of the standard 9 days. DVR functions still work (record, pause, play, etc). It was also noted that even though a timer is set to NEW its recording all episodes. Tried the reset button, same thing, unplugged cables, did a check switch to wipe out settings, then reattached cables, and redid switch test to force a download, same thing. All 3 sats (110,119,129) for INPUT 1 and 2 are good. Any thoughts?

DW

Sounds like you covered all the would be suggested bases. Contact DIRT...best advice I can give. Good luck!

Could be the beginning of a harddrive failure or maybe an LNB failure even though everything checks ok could be intermittent. Good job of covering most everything you can do, must be a reader of the posts here since 2006! ;)

One other thing, check the signal strengths. Perhaps the signal for the extended guide is low and you're getting the abbreviated guide? Check Sat 119 transponder 18.

Last edited:
I agree with Tampa, it sounds like the hard drive is starting to fail if you are getting a good signal off 119 trans 18. Send me a PM with your account information to get this replaced.

Solved it. Was a bad cable end on one of the 119 cables. Thx for the help everyone. Extended epg is back.

DW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts